I actually didn't realise that a poster could delete a whole thread without the help of Admin. It would have been better just to edit the title or posts that he felt were delete worthy. I certainly never felt anything so bad as to warrant a delete and as i said i could feel with his and everyone's emotion as i also felt the frustration. Wrong wording possibly, but the thread was certainly worthwhile.

I am a new admin so not 100% sure but I thought the exact same thing Pete. I thought a thread deletion had to be done by mods and/or admin. I certainly didnt delete it either and aside from Pete (who also didnt) I havent seen any of the others on for a few days. Interesting - maybe a poster can delete a full thread but it would be news to me.... Yieldshields, could you confirm whether or not you deleted that yourself.

I dont know of any of the admins or mods who would administer a complete thread deletion as we all know that there are often very valid posts within threads and that one was no different.

Apologies for the confusion guys but a lot of the mods/admin arent around right now.

I am a new admin so not 100% sure but I thought the exact same thing Pete. I thought a thread deletion had to be done by mods and/or admin. I certainly didnt delete it either and aside from Pete (who also didnt) I havent seen any of the others on for a few days. Interesting - maybe a poster can delete a full thread but it would be news to me.... Yieldshields, could you confirm whether or not you deleted that yourself.

I dont know of any of the admins or mods who would administer a complete thread deletion as we all know that there are often very valid posts within threads and that one was no different.

Apologies for the confusion guys but a lot of the mods/admin arent around right now.

I have had a look and it can be retrieved as far as i can see but that would have to be with the permission of Yieldshields. Strange one poster can delete posts from another poster.

I knew it could be done, never gave it much thought cos for as long as I have been here, no-one has ever done it before.

Should maybe change the settings as a poster/thread starter shouldn't be able to delete another posters contributions.

I know Mods/admin do this, but that really is as a last resort and doesn't happen too often on the whole (yes, recently a few times it happend but it's not the norm)

I knew it could be done, never gave it much thought cos for as long as I have been here, no-one has ever done it before.

Should maybe change the settings as a poster/thread starter shouldn't be able to delete another posters contributions.

I know Mods/admin do this, but that really is as a last resort and doesn't happen too often on the whole (yes, recently a few times it happend but it's not the norm)

I did a little checking and, apart from my own wee experiment, it has been done before, although quite some time ago.

Personal name calling out of the blue is against forum rules but in some ways it can be justified as long as it doesnt get very personal.

Its strange this just comes to view now when posters on here - mods/admin included - have gave out fair share of abuse and name calling to Boruc, McGeady, Lennon, Spiers, McNee etc - and rightly so! But now its towards a Rangers player we have to discuss it. We have a wanker smilie available - now surely if that is used then its an insult to whoever its direct against!

Calling someone a twat for missing an open goal is almost part of spoken english, Im sure its just an expression that comes out straight away. EG - "Oh Boyd you Balloon!!"

How many times have people on here called someone else the odd donkey in banter terms!! - Its all about knowing where to draw the line.

In Charlie Adams case being called an idiot can be justified IMO for some of the nonsense he has came out with. He brought it on himself. And sitting infront of the national TV cameras picking his nose before the UEFA cup final was pure embarrasing.

As long as the insults dont come without substance and totally attack the person direct or his family etc then the odd "twat", "clown" statement is fine by me. And players are paid big money and taking a little bit of criticism is part and parcel of being a football player in the same way as they will get praise for doing well.

Edited by Gribz