WALTER SMITH says Rangers only have one way of getting back into the title race � by showing the same PRIDE as Celtic.

Gers are seven points behind their rivals after Saturday�s Old Firm loss.

Smith reckons that there�s little between the pair but insists they have to show more grit to claw the Hoops back.

Champions

He said: ââ?¬Å?There is not much between the teams but Celtic have shown pride and determination in terms of being champions.

ââ?¬Å?It has seen them through a period when they have maybe not been playing their best football but have been winning games. Credit to them for that. We have not shown that edge. We have lost this month to Celtic and Hearts which has been disappointing for us ââ?¬â? it is something we have to develop.ââ?¬Â

Smith knows there is little room for any more slip-ups.

He wants his side to show the form they showed this time last season when they went on a 13-game winning streak in the SPL.

Smith said: ââ?¬Å?We have a situation where we know we have to go on that type of run if we hope to get ourselves back in the championship race.

Trailing

ââ?¬Å?It was a big disappointment to lose the game and losing our home record at the same time. League wise, it gives us a lot to do now in the second half of the season.

ââ?¬Å?We have reached the halfway stage and we find ourselves trailing Celtic by seven points which is not what anyone wants.ââ?¬Â

Smith added: ââ?¬Å?We won the game at Celtic Park ââ?¬â? when the chances came we took them. There wasnââ?¬â?¢t much between the two teams in the first half there.

ââ?¬Å?We took our chances and capitalised on an error. The games have been like that. We maybe edged the number of opportunities on Saturday but Celtic got the goal and we were struggling after that.ââ?¬Â

Charlie Adam was a surprise starter against Celtic and Smith insists he still has a part to play at Ibrox even though the club will listen to offers.

He said: ââ?¬Å?He gives us good balance and a bit of strength.ââ?¬Â

Smith hopes Madjid Bougherra will be back for Sunday�s clash with Caley Thistle after missing the Celtic game due to a thigh strain.

Meanwhile, Hamilton have made a bold bid to sign highly rated Gers reserve star Jordan McMillan in a six month loan deal.

Advertisement

Click here

Accies boss Billy Reid is desperate to bolster his squad for their relegation scrap.

And McMillan has been targeted as the man to help keep the club in the top flight.

The 20-year-old is one of the most promising youngsters on the books at Ibrox.

McMillan has yet to make his first-team debut but is a regular on the bench as one of the under-21 players.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2081746.ece

Rangers need to learn to play from the first and last whistle there was 32 minutes left in the old firm game to go on and win never mind draw and they just could'nt get hold of the game! we need to adopt the never say die attitude and fight scrap and bite if we have to win games! starting with ict.

Earlier today, Yieldshields was persuaded to delete a thread he had started on here complaining about players who open their mouths to the press, offering advice about what's needed at Rangers only hours after themselves turning in deplorable performances on the park. It was claimed by several other members that Yieldshields had used unacceptable personal attacks on these players for their decision to make public statements.

Yieldshields says he deleted the thread because the OP was made in anger.

I just want to say that if the day has come when anger is no longer an acceptable stimulus to expression then it's no wonder that our enemies feel free to attack us at every turn. Perhaps honest anger is no longer palatable for our pc brethren?

Anyway, it leads me to this. I feel very angry indeed about this latest public pronouncement by our manager Walter Smith and I think he continues to conduct himself like a complete idiot. A has-been waste of space, who is contributing nothing to the development of Rangers and who should remove himself from the manager's job as soon as possible. He would do if he had a shred of decency left.

This may be deleted but it won't be by me.

im getting increasinly angry with smith and his player rotatation policy, we have players like edu, fleck aaron, that could do more than a job on the park and yet he blatently refuses to play then because he does'nt have the balls. Play youth smith!!! or bulldoze murray park!

Guest TrueBlue86

I know what you mean mainflyer, slagging off players is part and parcel of the game and if some people can't except that then they shouldn't come onto forums in the first place, there's a difference in a personal attack on a player and showing frustration towards him and some people can't seem to tell the difference sadly.

And regarding the Rangers players and staff opeing their mouths at every opportunity, I believe they should just shut the hell up, we're already hurting as it is. If some players are showing no pride then what the fuck are they doing here in the first place? This is Rangers ffs!

Earlier today, Yieldshields was persuaded to delete a thread he had started on here complaining about players who open their mouths to the press, offering advice about what's needed at Rangers only hours after themselves turning in deplorable performances on the park. It was claimed by several other members that Yieldshields had used unacceptable personal attacks on these players for their decision to make public statements.

Yieldshields says he deleted the thread because the OP was made in anger.

I just want to say that if the day has come when anger is no longer an acceptable stimulus to expression then it's no wonder that our enemies feel free to attack us at every turn. Perhaps honest anger is no longer palatable for our pc brethren?

Anyway, it leads me to this. I feel very angry indeed about this latest public pronouncement by our manager Walter Smith and I think he continues to conduct himself like a complete idiot. A has-been waste of space, who is contributing nothing to the development of Rangers and who should remove himself from the manager's job as soon as possible. He would do if he had a shred of decency left.

This may be deleted but it won't be by me.

Yieldshields was not persuaded to delete that thread, at least not to the best of my knowledge. I am more than happy for Yieldshields to state why he deleted that thread and whether he was pressured by admin or the mods.

Castigating the management team for poor selection, poor tactics, poor signing policy is absolutely fine by me. Slating the players for poor performance, poor attitude etc is fine by me.

However, calling a player a "twat" or an "idiot" is neither necessary nor appropriate in my opinion. It is also part of the forum rules to not indulge in personal attacks and each member accepts that rule upon signing up to the forum.

That thread remained for quite some time and without it being moderated at all - I am all ears if anyone would like to explain to me how an interview with Charlie Adam should be posted in a thread and titled "the idiot speaks again" - there were far better ways to post that.

Now, you slating WS in your final paragraph is perfectly acceptable in my view - a "has-been, waste of space" isn't really a personal attack in my view.

So I don't see why your post would be deleted

Not Guilty!!!:admin:

I totally agree with the sentiment of all the posts but i don't always like the wording. Filling the forum with swear words and personal attacks is not what i want to see happening. Calling someone an F'n twat or wanker or whatever does not really imply his football skills are wanting.

Old fashioned, i know.:fish:

Sorry guys, in no way did I intend this to be understood that he had been coerced by admin into deleting his thread. If that's how it looked then it's simply down to me being unable to articulate the point. I've been here long enough to know that you don't operate on that basis. I meant nothing so formal as that, only that he took a fair bit of criticism for his word selection and (I assume) felt that the thread should go because he had offended a number of members.

My point is that, whether I think his words were well chosen or not, the thread should have stood. He said what he did for reasons he believed were important, that much was obvious. He didn't labour the use of expletives or go on to use other personally abuse of WS. It looked genuine and understandable frustration to me and he should not have felt the need to remove an interesting debate from the record because of the sensitivities of a small number of posters. Jeez, if I'd done that when I first arrived here I'd never have got started.

I think we could have been more tolerant of the odd inapprpriate word and he should not have felt pressure to delete a thread. I guess I just hate to see things deleted or censored, even if it is the OP doing the removing. More posts than those penned by Yieldshields were lost.