The next thirty-one days........

...... should be used as convincing evidence of the job our management is capable of doing for Rangers.

January has been scheduled for quite a while and has duly arrived on time. The weaknesses throughout the squad have been there for all to see and should be even clearer to Smith since he created most of them. He knows his budget and he has the means of raising funds at hand.

So now, having had no shortage of time to prepare, we will see clearly if our manager has the intent and the ability to improve our situation. Despite the poverty of his player selection and squad building to date, Walter Smith now has his place in the spotlight to show everyone whether he is a manager or a muppet. I've written my prediction and sealed it in an envelope to be opened 1st February. It begins with an 'm'.

No more excuses Walter.

...... should be used as convincing evidence of the job our management is capable of doing for Rangers.

January has been scheduled for quite a while and has duly arrived on time. The weaknesses throughout the squad have been there for all to see and should be even clearer to Smith since he created most of them. He knows his budget and he has the means of raising funds at hand.

So now, having had no shortage of time to prepare, we will see clearly if our manager has the intent and the ability to improve our situation. Despite the poverty of his player selection and squad building to date, Walter Smith now has his place in the spotlight to show everyone whether he is a manager or a muppet. I've written my prediction and sealed it in an envelope to be opened 1st February. It begins with an 'm'.

No more excuses Walter.

Was he in a film over the last few days?;)

Maineflyer, how much will you give me if i correctly guess what your prediction is? :P

All joking apart, you're spot on. This is not a kick in the a**e off being the most important month in his GERS managerial career.

the damage was done last summer when walter decided that his squad was good enough and didnt strengthen. I feel that the hole left will be far too much for him to fill.

Given Smiths decision making over the last six months I dont hold too much hope for the next six.

I won't hold my breath.

He continually surprises me in a negative way with transfer targets and team selections so I don't see any reason for him to buck that trend during January or the summer months if he's still manager of Rangers.

It's a dire situation we're in at present and I know who should take the majority of responsibilty.

I won't hold my breath.

He continually surprises me in a negative way with transfer targets and team selections so I don't see any reason for him to buck that trend during January or the summer months if he's still manager of Rangers.

It's a dire situation we're in at present and I know who should take the majority of responsibilty.

Why would he surprise you? He's been manager of Rangers for nine years and has never been any different.

Why would he surprise you? He's been manager of Rangers for nine years and has never been any different.

I know he seems to enjoy playing players out of position but playing McCulloch at centre half surprised me no end! There'll be plenty more to come too I suppose. :eek: