Boyd deal back on?

Alex McLeish has admitted there is still a chance Birmingham could sign Kris Boyd from Rangers.

Rangers accepted an offer from Blues last week but a transfer did not materialise as Boyd failed to agree personal terms.

Securing the Scottish striker is no longer McLeish's top priority but the Birmingham boss has hinted that a move could yet go ahead after Boyd and his agent spoke to managing director Karren Brady.

"I'm aware that they have talked to Karren again so it's not dead until it's dead, if you know what I mean," McLeish told the Birmingham Mail.

"But there are plans to do something else, so we will have to wait and see what happens."

Reports suggest that Boyd refused Blues' offer of a �£12,000-a-week salary, plus the promise of a major rise if he helped the club win promotion.

Brady said: "There's not another club in the Championship, even some in the Premier League, who could offer what we have.

"It's a good deal more than he's paid at Rangers, with big benefits, too, if we're promoted."

Hope to fuck it dead and he goes nowhere. I thought he was offered 17k a week too

Boyd seems to be reluctant to move unless he gets offered megabucks. Fair play - I would do the same thing but there's still plenty of time left in the transfer window for this to develop into a Hutton-like saga.

I think it was Gordon Waddell that had an article in the Sunday Mail yesterday saying that McGregor would be his first to go as e is easiest replaced. Exactly my way of thinking when this first broke.

I still say McGregor should be first and that BF should go befor either Bougherra or Boyd.

Surely..... surely..... if all we need is 3 million and that the club is on a good financial footing, Murray could loan the club the 3 million and then look to sell someone at the end of the season if things dont pick up ?????