Murray Must Go banner at McDairmid Park

But Miller can hold it up and paly it on, Boyd can't. He is a run at goal and score player. He has very little hold up talent. I thought Miller had a decent game as far as he could with the fact that St Johnstone had us on the back foot in midfield for most of the game.

2 months ago I would have agreed with you Wija, but Boyd's link up play has improved no end in the last few weeks.

His first touch is much better, he shields the ball and, for the first time in his career, he is looking at laying it off to team-mates. The sad thing is that he is having to do it because he is having to drop so deep to get a sniff of the ball (as we either lump it up the park which bounces back to midfield or our midfield just arent providing any service).

I think that Boyd's link-up play and holding of the ball is much better recently.

To make the Gers attractive to anyone in the current climate, SDM is going to have to shift his asking price. So with this in mind and SDM's 'ego' one of his biggest flaws why not try to offer him a way out where by the fans/buyer get change and he gets out. I'm a bit thin on detail but i'm sure Bluedell or others with more financial acument than myself could put together a possible scenario.

I really believe that the price of the club isn't that much of an issue. There just isn't anyone out there will to take on the responsibility of financing the club in the near future.

The club is inherently loss-making (because of Scottish football) and many people will be put off by that. If the club was to be run profitably then we see a drop off in quality, but that's not to say that the club couldn't be better run.

There has been an attempt to raise finance from fans prior to the credit crunch to look at the fans buying the club but it wasn't that successful (ie wasn't an eight figure sum). There isn't the appetite (yet) from the fans to look at buying the club.

As an aside, I wouldn't be in favour of anyone selling Murray Park to finance the club on a short-term basis.

But Miller can hold it up and paly it on, Boyd can't. He is a run at goal and score player. He has very little hold up talent. I thought Miller had a decent game as far as he could with the fact that St Johnstone had us on the back foot in midfield for most of the game.

Well it didn't work out that way last night.

And how anyone can say Miller had a good game I don't know.

After an initial purple patch is playing exactly how most of us worried he would.

Well it didn't work out that way last night.

And how anyone can say Miller had a good game I don't know.

After an initial purple patch is playing exactly how most of us worried he would.

It's after his injury that his form has dipped. He doesn't seem to be able to move with the same freedom as before. Could be that he's not fully fit.

Kenny "Mr No Goals" Miller may be running around less than he did at the start of the season but maybe it's just that most of the crisp bags have been caught by now.

He was a waste of space before he re-joined Rangers and he's been a talentless waste of money ever since. If ever honest endeavour was so poorly rewarded with ability or achievement, it's hard to imagine when.

Even when he does play well there are still some who, under no circumstances, would give him credit for a good game.

And you base that sweeping statement on what evidence exactly? Perhaps if he ever affords us the opportunity we may test your theory, until then it looks like conjecture alone.

Are you suggesting he hasn't played well this season, MF?

Lately he's been very poor - injury or not. But before December he had been pretty effective and had contributed pretty well to our season.

Are you suggesting he hasn't played well this season, MF?

Lately he's been very poor - injury or not. But before December he had been pretty effective and had contributed pretty well to our season.

I don't know what pretty well means to you but it means a bit more to me than Miller has shown. Either he's a striker or he's occupying the space intended for one. But where are the goals? Suely enough of the season has passed now for some useful judgement be raised about the Misser's goal glut, or rather, the complete lack of one.

But perhaps his massive running abilities are intended for some other, more subtle, purpose. One that is less readily obvious but leads to goals elsewhere? Nope, not that either, less assists than Steve Davis from way back there in midfield. You can't even point to Miller forming part of some special partnership, since our main goalscorer Boyd has scored from as many assists elsewhere as from those provided by the guy who most often plays alongside him.

So I'm struggling to see what �£2.1m has brought us, even when spent so doggedly and with so much apparent intent as that on Kenny Miller. Can't score, that's obvious, woeful chance conversion rate. Passing is dreadful, excepting one pass to Boyd we all remember. Utterly incapable of controlling an inbound football. In fact, just about the same as he's delivered at every other step along the way in his very ordinary career. I wouldn't even rate Miller in the same bracket as good pros like Jim Hamilton.