Murray Must Go banner at McDairmid Park

I don't know what pretty well means to you but it means a bit more to me than Miller has shown. Either he's a striker or he's occupying the space intended for one. But where are the goals? Suely enough of the season has passed now for some useful judgement be raised about the Misser's goal glut, or rather, the complete lack of one.

But perhaps his massive running abilities are intended for some other, more subtle, purpose. One that is less readily obvious but leads to goals elsewhere? Nope, not that either, less assists than Steve Davis from way back there in midfield. You can't even point to Miller forming part of some special partnership, since our main goalscorer Boyd has scored from as many assists elsewhere as from those provided by the guy who most often plays alongside him.

So I'm struggling to see what �£2.1m has brought us, even when spent so doggedly and with so much apparent intent as that on Kenny Miller. Can't score, that's obvious, woeful chance conversion rate. Passing is dreadful, excepting one pass to Boyd we all remember. Utterly incapable of controlling an inbound football. In fact, just about the same as he's delivered at every other step along the way in his very ordinary career. I wouldn't even rate Miller in the same bracket as good pros like Jim Hamilton.

Unsure if it's worth replying given your later strange comments but in the spirit of the forum I will disagree with what you say anyway...

Football is certainly about scoring goals and forwards are there to do that. However, this task means you have to utilise a variety of players. We're fortunate that we have a natural goalscorer in Kris Boyd so it's important we ensure the service to him is good and help afford him the time and space to operate. Miller aids in that via his working of the channels, via dropping deep to link the play and via also providing a reasonable goal threat himself.

To that end he's done quite well up until last December and I'd contend his passing and touch have improved since his last spell. Sure, his overall quality can be debated and yes his current form and fee mean his value is certainly doubtful but his contribution so far has been decent enough relatively speaking.

Suggesting he's worse than Jim Hamilton is just being disingenuous. :fish:

I haven't agreed with too many of your posts since I joined this forum. You always seemed too ready to defend what I saw as inherently indefensible. Perhaps I misinterpreted that and, if so, I'll readily apologise for it. However, your post above is close to what I would like to have written to sum up Murray's contribution to Rangers and the dreadful legacy he will leave for other to try to remedy - or simply weep over.

Articulate supporters like you could do so much to help others understand and accept the very things you mention. We desperately need CHANGE and if the last ten years of failure teach us anything it is that change will not arrive unless we all do more to prepare the way.

I did tell you that I've been one of his biggest critics in the past and that I'm no supporter of him. However, I believe in fairness and only criticising where it's due. Not only is it one of my values but I think it also weakens our case if we are indiscriminate with criticism.

Murray put up �£50M brought in a top manager, got rid when it was going pearshaped and then brought in a steady manager and found him a decent budget. That bought him some leeway and time in my eyes. People should be allowed to redeem themselves and Murray seemed to be attempting to do just that.

He had a decent couple of years where although he was very weak in certain issues such as defending the club and fans, he was fairly quiet and doing ok on the main aspects and so if we were going to criticise him it should be on where he was not diligent enough.

In the summer, our finances were in a passable state, but he and Walter lost the plot and have completely contrived our current situation with sheer negligent planning. In 20 years, our chairman has not learned that there is a fine balance between controlling the finances and putting out a winning team - which brings in money. He keeps swinging wildly around that balance point from blind parsimony to short sighted profligacy. It's 20 years and he still can't approach coming close to getting it right.

He's now gone back to type and lost the plot with the finances, then tried to cover up his obvious mistakes with bluster, spin, name calling and wool pulling.

THAT is definitely worthy of the severest of criticism.

Edited by calscot