Murray Must Go banner at McDairmid Park

Shroomz, are you happy with the team we have just now and the way we are playing? Also being so much in debt and having to sell our best players to get some money?

Most of your posts seem to say you are, sorry if I am wrong!

Yes, I'm delighted about all of that! facepalm.gif

Come on mate. No, I'm not entirely happy about everything regarding the club atm, but I AM happy about some things. For example, I'm happy that we got so far in Europe last year. I'm happy that we are still as good a club as the one in that city rubbish dump we know as Parkhead. I'm happy that we bought Pedro Mendez. I'm happy that we didn't buy 2 Kenny Millers. I'm happy that we're still in with a shout of winning the SPL since we're only 5 points off the dhims with plenty games still to play. I'm happy that I'm still optimistic about our club & not a moaning, whinging, pessimistic, hate filled knock it down & build it from scratch with no money type of guy.

I didn't say I was happy or grateful that we're only 5 points off the dhims, but it does leave us still having a chance of winning the title, which I am quite happy about, so it could be worse. If it was 10 points I'd obviously be a bit more than worried. Would I rather we were playing better & more consistently? Yes, of course, but the fact that we aren't doesn't mean I feel the need to tell SDM or his management team to GTF. Ok, with the exception of that incompetent idiot Bain who CAN GTF & preferably ASAP.

I'm going to sit on the fence myself, Murray's reign at Ibrox should perhaps come to an end sooner rather than later. He said we're not in financial bother but yet we have to sell , Boyd, Fergie, Bougherra or McGregor ??

I am deeply respectful of what he's done for the club over the years though and at times with not a lot in the purse and other times there has been �£12M spent on one player which was a risk and could at the same time have probably bought an entire squad of players and pay them for 6 months.

If Murray is to stay then we may be in safer hands than some newbie chairman on a power trip who only wants to line his/her own pockets, then again if a multi million pound business man from the middle east, far east or the USA comes along....................?!?!?!

I'm starting to struggle to come up with a compelling argument about what good Murray HAS done for the club. I just can't really see it.

He took a successful and financially secure club on the crest of a wave, won a load of leagues while Aberdeen were suffering a Fergie hangover, Dundee Utd were dive bombing to the first division and a biscuit tin minded Celtic who were in complete and utter chaos - with the club eventually being minutes from administration.

After one great season in Europe, the club then totally struggled to beat anyone with similar finances until he hired Advocaat and sent the club spiralling into financial hell without much to show for it except a couple of league titles before Celtic got their act together and a couple of decent European results that didn't lead to much.

Now a club with nary a couple of pennies to rub together have completely overtaken us, on and off the park and who are ahead of us in the league, while going for 4 in a row, as well as being financially secure, with very little debt, a bigger stadium and an equivalent training facility.

It seems he's taken a club in very good shape and run it into the ground.

It like buying a really nice house that's the best in the area, spending a load of money on it and then 20 years later it's in a dire state of disrepair. You can't say you're a good custodian because it was a really nice house for a while after you bought it. You are responsible for it for the whole of your 20 years of ownership, and if it's now in a sorry state with negative equity, then you've actually been a pretty crap owner.

UEFA judge teams on the last five years performance, on that basis, Murray has been incredibly poor. He's even put 50M of his own money into the club and we're still in financial difficulty and one title on goal difference in a two team league tells its own story.

It's time he had a good look at his totally inadequate performance. He's obviously a great businessman with his other companies, but that seems to completely disappear when he comes in to the Ibrox boardroom.

Edited by calscot

I'd stake my life on the fact that most people who'd organise 'Murray must go' or 'PLG must go' or 'Walter Smith must go' type banners or protests feel exactly the same maineflyer. These days they're probably picking up on the sentiments of other Gers fans they know, but more so those of some posters on internet forums. I can guarantee though, that they haven't done a thorough census of all fans opinions before voicing their opinion in the form of protest banners etc. Handing out some leaflets or whatever is one thing, but doing a thorough census of 45,000 Ibrox attending Gers fans is another story altogether. The logistics involved make it an almost impossible task. I'd be seriously interested in seeing the results of a thoroughly conducted census though....

Actually, so would I. However, opinions change like the wind and an awful lot of people take their cue from the last guy they spoke to. Life is just like that I'm afraid. So what value anyone would get from a census is debatable.

That's why politicians never get too concerned if a poll goes against them. They just commission another poll with the same questions framed in a more generous context.

What has been sorely missing these last years has been any form of active voice against the established regime at Ibrox. Which has meant the status quo has held sway in supporter opinion, with only the occasional voice of dissent appearing on web forums and the like. Hopefully, a few more banners and protests will see a more balanced general opinion emerge on Murray and his legacy.

What I do believe most strongly is that the general consensus among supporters today will change dramatically when presented with another point of view and much more balanced information.

Overall, Murray has been bad for Rangers. The club would be better is he left and the sooner he sells the less lasting will be the damage. Why then does the RST issue pointless statement, complaining about the current situation but insisting there is no campaign to remove Murray? Why is it we find it so difficult to deal with a chairman who deserves so little from us?

I'm starting to struggle to come up with a compelling argument about what good Murray HAS done for the club. I just can't really see it.

He took a successful and financially secure club on the crest of a wave, won a load of leagues while Aberdeen were suffering a Fergie hangover, Dundee Utd were dive bombing to the first division and a biscuit tin minded Celtic who were in complete and utter chaos - with the club eventually being minutes from administration.

After one great season in Europe, the club then totally struggled to beat anyone with similar finances until he hired Advocaat and sent the club spiralling into financial hell without much to show for it except a couple of league titles before Celtic got their act together and a couple of decent European results that didn't lead to much.

Now a club with nary a couple of pennies to rub together have completely overtaken us, on and off the park and who are ahead of us in the league, while going for 4 in a row, as well as being financially secure, with very little debt, a bigger stadium and an equivalent training facility.

It seems he's taken a club in very good shape and run it into the ground.

It like buying a really nice house that's the best in the area, spending a load of money on it and then 20 years later it's in a dire state of disrepair. You can't say you're a good custodian because it was a really nice house for a while after you bought it. You are responsible for it for the whole of your 20 years of ownership, and if it's now in a sorry state with negative equity, then you've actually been a pretty crap owner.

UEFA judge teams on the last five years performance, on that basis, Murray has been incredibly poor. He's even put 50M of his own money into the club and we're still in financial difficulty and one title on goal difference in a two team league tells its own story.

It's time he had a good look at his totally inadequate performance. He's obviously a great businessman with his other companies, but that seems to completely disappear when he comes in to the Ibrox boardroom.

I haven't agreed with too many of your posts since I joined this forum. You always seemed too ready to defend what I saw as inherently indefensible. Perhaps I misinterpreted that and, if so, I'll readily apologise for it. However, your post above is close to what I would like to have written to sum up Murray's contribution to Rangers and the dreadful legacy he will leave for other to try to remedy - or simply weep over.

Articulate supporters like you could do so much to help others understand and accept the very things you mention. We desperately need CHANGE and if the last ten years of failure teach us anything it is that change will not arrive unless we all do more to prepare the way.

The way things are going, I have to admit that SDM is currently doing himself and our club no favours whatsoever. I've got no doubt that David Murray has the best interests of Rangers at heart, but I have been wondering recently if he has the heart for it. If a suitable buyer can't be found, then maybe he should be looking for a suitable replacement to take over his role as chairman. He's stepped down once before, but maybe if he were to clear the debt before doing so this time, everyone could be a winner. The club would be on a sound financial footing. The new chairman would hopefully have some sense of direction in which he wanted to take the club. With a bit of success he'd quickly get the support back on side. Meanwhile, David Murray could give himself a break and with the club looking like more of an attractive proposition, he might just find a buyer afterall.

Yes, I'm delighted about all of that! facepalm.gif

Come on mate. No, I'm not entirely happy about everything regarding the club atm, but I AM happy about some things.

For example, I'm happy that we got so far in Europe last year.

This is in the past m8 last year but we all enjoyed it we done great to get to the final. But we've just had one of the most embarrassing exits in our history this year have we not are you happy about that?

I'm happy that we are still as good a club as the one in that city rubbish dump we know as Parkhead.

We've only won 2 titles in 8 years, they are going for 4 in a row, so how can you say we are as good as them?

I'm happy that we bought Pedro Mendez.

Most fans are but is that it after all the money we've spent, not a great advert for us is it?

I'm happy that we didn't buy 2 Kenny Millers.

If there was another we'd probably buy him as well. :fish:

I'm happy that we're still in with a shout of winning the SPL since we're only 5 points off the dhims with plenty games still to play.

We still have a slim chance yes but the players and manager don't seem to be helping much!!

I'm happy that I'm still optimistic about our club & not a moaning, whinging, pessimistic, hate filled knock it down & build it from scratch with no money type of guy.

I think you need to open your eyes a bit more if you think we are in good hands and things are going to be OK in the near future. What is it about us that you are optimistic about? Being second in the league to our average rivals again? Or the manager who keeps picking his favourites or playing players out of position and hardly giving youth a chance? Or the fact our chairman and board have again got us into so much debt that we need to sell our best players for virtually the same kind of money we bought players in and haven't even played them? I used to enjoy watching Rangers play football and players fighting/playing for the jersey, not the long ball crap we play now with no passion whatsover.

But good on you for being so optimistic well done. :cheers: