On a permanent deal, according to The Sun anyway.

Rangers left-back Steven Smith is set for a permanent transfer to St Mirren after red tape scuppered a loan move.(The Sun)

Another promising player dumped by WS. :confused:

If true this is a tragedy. Injury must have taken the edge off him, there can be no other explanation.

What about WS ruining another plays career? There's something about WS that gives me the impression his training techniques are not upto scracth and that giving the youht players a chance is the last resort. OK, SS isn't much of a youth player now but WS seems to be happier with the defence minded Papac than the attacking minded SS, even at home!

I'd like to see SS stay until a new manager arrives. If the new manager doesn't play him then I'll accept he's lost some of the edge he used to have pre-injury.

St Midden have got a bargain if this goes ahead.

S Smith has been out too long and i fear he wont get his form back. But Saturday could have been a good chance to play him rather than moving Broadfoot to LB and bringing that clown Whittaker in.

Bang on Gribz.

WS had an ideal chance to play him, a natural left sided defender yet chose to play a centre back who's been playing at right back at left back. Another crazy decision by WS.

I don't understand this one at all. There's been ample opportunities for us to give the lad a go at LB this season against "lesser" teams in home matches, so why hasn't he been given a chance? Nothing to lose IMO, particularly as we've been playing CBs there all season.