The only downside to the lad is that he is weak on his right foot (or at least seemed to be with the shot he had in the 1st half)

If that's the one I'm thinking of, then it was a tight angle so he was probably going more for precision than power. At least he hit the target.

Fleck certainly didn't look out of his depth against such world class opposition. Here's hoping we manage to hold on to him for a few more seasons.

We'd better not screw up with this lad. Everton couldn't hold on to Rooney too long but they got a decent fee. I'm not naive enough to expect him to be at Ibrox for the next 15years but we should at least get decent service from him - say like C****c got from Dalglish.

One worry is I can see the scum media in Scotland with their prepared headlines like "Fleck wants away from the Glasgow goldfish bowl" blah,blah, blah - magnifying every little indiscretion (it's already started); as if Gerrard and Micah Richards are not in a goldfish bowl. Rangers FC are not - and must NEVER - be allowed to be a nursery club for anyone. Yes, we will sell on players - but at a time and a place when it suits us.

And as for the suggestion that Fleck will never reach the top when in the SPL - well we SHOULD be in Europe every year competing v. the Milans and Manchesters.

I've no worries re Fleck - but I DO have concerns about Martin Bain. The �£9 million for Craig Gordon and the Hutton fee are the only times Scottish clubs have received anything like a reasonable transfer fee, and when the dreaded time does come, I hope we hold out for his true value.

The bottom line is if he is that good,then it is only a matter of time before one of the big clubs take him,if he is that good then I wouldn't expect to see much of him in a Rangers jersey,for instance he is in the first team now and if he finishes the season strong then I would expect him to leave in the summer...........hope I am wrong.

Funny enough i doubt all the doubters i see him staying until he is 21-22. If he goes to MU then he will probably be playing reserve football again. I think it would only be in his best interest to stay with us. And he is a Rangers supporter as far as i know.

Funny enough i doubt all the doubters i see him staying until he is 21-22. If he goes to MU then he will probably be playing reserve football again. I think it would only be in his best interest to stay with us. And he is a Rangers supporter as far as i know.

Hope you are you're correct

If that's the one I'm thinking of, then it was a tight angle so he was probably going more for precision than power. At least he hit the target.

Fleck certainly didn't look out of his depth against such world class opposition. Here's hoping we manage to hold on to him for a few more seasons.

The angle was tight(er) but I don't think it was that tight an angle. He obviously did go for precision but he never caught it cleanly at all. Regardless, he had the confidence to hit it with what is plainly his weaker foot. many a seasoned pro would have tried to get it back onto their stronger foot.

Out of his depth ? He looked right at home with those players. Fingers crossed we can keep him as you say !