we could be in big trouble

Murray and Bain have already dipped their toes into the debate via some comments suggesting the situation is unfair.

Obviously these comments have not been strong enough so they should do more.

As should the fans.

I am currently looking for gameful employment and would happily offer to be the defender of Rangers name and a person who would tackle the biased reporting by the media and the so called impartial observers.

Come on SDM, it makes sense, :fish:

Cammy F

In all seriousness, could you imagine the reaction of the press, if SDM did allow a clued up fan loose on these people (not saying that I'm clued up!)....

First up, if it were me, I'd ban any reporter who printed lies about Rangers or our fans. Secondly, I would challange every negative story printed or reported in the media - this would be done by pointed out facts and done in a professional manner.

With Rangers employing such a high profile PR firm, you think this would be already happening. I'd save SDM a fortune....

Cammy F

In all seriousness, could you imagine the reaction of the press, if SDM did allow a clued up fan loose on these people (not saying that I'm clued up!)....

First up, if it were me, I'd ban any reporter who printed lies about Rangers or our fans. Secondly, I would challange every negative story printed or reported in the media - this would be done by pointed out facts and done in a professional manner.

With Rangers employing such a high profile PR firm, you think this would be already happening. I'd save SDM a fortune....

Cammy F

It really could be that simple couldn't it.

If the filth that print these acts of pure fiction knew that their words would be checked for accuracy and any lies would result in retractions being saught and for continual errors, banning orders in place, together with complaints to their bosses and if necessary the PCC, it would soon become too much hastle for them to try to get away with lies, and wouls ensure that only accurate stories are run.

If we have done something wrong, we can have no complaints if we are criticised for it. But these acts of pure fiction could be so easily stopped if the will was there from someone at the club.

All we have ever asked for is fair treatment, nothing more, nothing less.

Cammy F

Can we have an open thread where all Gersnetters can post any items of this nature and then bombard SDM with them. Maybe, just maybe, instead of sticking his head in the sand and ignoring bad publicity he might take it on.

Can we have an open thread where all Gersnetters can post any items of this nature and then bombard SDM with them. Maybe, just maybe, instead of sticking his head in the sand and ignoring bad publicity he might take it on.

This is something I thought about doing but generally I think it's a waste of time.

The club are more than aware of the non-level playing field and, other than a few whimpers of self-defence around AGM time, they prefer to ignore the obvious disparity in media coverage and authority attention.

I'd actually prefer more direct action but am unsure at this stage of how best to approach that:

- Protest at Ibrox front door

- Refusal of away tickets

- Protest at SPL offices

There are options.

Your not serious are you Gordy?

Have you seen nothing of Murray this last decade?

He is as interested in the lies printed about Rangers and Rangers supporters as he is worried about going to the cashline hoping he has money left in his account.

Now when anything negative is printed about him personally, that is when you see a full and active PR offensive, but only in those circumstances I am afraid. There has been nothing recently to suggest this is likely to change in the forseeable future.

Your not serious are you Gordy?

Have you seen nothing of Murray this last decade?

He is as interested in the lies printed about Rangers and Rangers supporters as he is worried about going to the cashline hoping he has money left in his account.

Now when anything negative is printed about him personally, that is when you see a full and active PR offensive, but only in those circumstances I am afraid. There has been nothing recently to suggest this is likely to change in the forseeable future.

Your are right.

Murray sees himself as a separate entity to Rangers, except when he wants any reflected glory.

How is that a contradiction?

Because the article brings into question Mr Dick's impartiality as regards reporting sectarian singing. You can't support that view and STILL have a go at the Rangers fans who are being targetted. It's like agreeing that Rangers are being picked on while doing the same yourself. I really can't put it any more simply.

Your kind of thinking is allows others to ridicule us, they say that instead of acknowledging we do anything wrong we childishly complain that "they do it too", just how is that going to help?

Both sets of fans indulge in sectarian singing. One set of fans get hounded and reported for it. Are you happy to accept this? Are you one of the fans who thought the mopes would stop after banning The Billy Boys? What have you done to protect the Rangers support, who have you written e-mails, letters to?

It's not a question of denying our faults, it's a question of parity. I thought I had made that abundantly clear.

M F

I've followed Rangers through good times and bad but as I said to Norris we can't turn back the clock and act as we used to. Any of the so called inflammatory songs which were supposed to have been sung on Sunday were nothing compared to what used to be sung, and that was with only the width of wired mesh separation. Sure there were incidents but rarely anything too serious.

That was then, this is now. Media everywhere just waiting to report anything considered controversial. I can't change this and neither can you. I don't like it but its here and that's a fact. It can make you and it can break you.

I'm totally fed up with celtic always being portrayed as the poor wee hurtit souls, I just think to match their ira chants etc with ones of our own is just giving them to chance to enhance this illusion.

Fair enough for arguing your point gordy even if I don't agree, that's the best post you've made in the thread. It's just that inferring that good Bears on here are "arseholes" will get their backs up.

For the record "tim" means Celtic to me and nothing else.