we could be in big trouble

Elephant in the room, this one.

Seeing as TBB's supposedly sectarian aspect is the "F" word, I've always been of the view that this word is up for grabs at any point in the future. We got beaten up for it before, what makes people think we won't again?

Over the past year various songs have crept back in again, everybody knows it, there's no point in denying it.

Whether it's sectarian or not is another matter - this has just been waiting to blow up again imho. If not this time, then another - you can be 100% sure that there's an army of 'offended' tims petitioning UEFA etc every time they hear it on the telly.

The famine song was sung a few times and i heard *** included a few times too.

It was pretty blatant.

What's blatant around here is yet another bear rushing to apologise when there's nothing to apologise for. Were you really so offended or just fearful that someone somewhere might possibly claim to have been? If genuinely offended, what did you think of the offerings from the majority in the same stadium and why didn't you mention them in your post?

Before you wring your hands right off, just remember that one tague's contrived offence is another man's freedom of speech.

Amazing that these SFA delegates ALL have selective hearing. I'm amazed that none of them have as yet, managed to hear sectarian singing from Celtc fans in EVERY away game they play, especailly given that Celtc fans have been arrested and charged with sectarianism in TWO of these away games....

I am amazed that none of these so called impartial delegates haven't heard 52,000 Celtc fans refering to successive Rangers managers as Orange Bastards when they sing (when they are winning) - Cheer Up (insert Rangers managers name here)....

As Frankie says, bring on an investigation, it'll show up this sham for what it is.

Cammy F

Edited by CammyF

I take it they've also decided that "hun" is perfectly fine?

I really wish our owner and custodian would grow a pair and stand up for this great club and the loyal fans who follow it no matter what.

Unless SDM is somehow directly linked to this, he'll site back and stay tight-lipped. He only comes out on the offensive when his name is soiled, he has no interst in the clubs name (which is funny in a way as you'd think that he'd be doing everthing in his power to ensure that we are squeaky-clean for that quick sale he's looking for).....

Cammy F

Aw dry yer eyes ffs. Where were you and your condemnation before you heard that someone had played the victim card yet again. That's right, nowhere to be heard.:ffs:

Are you a Rangers fan or a " tim hater ?" If you are both then you were probably one of the arseholes trying to blacken our name no matter the consequences.

I for one don't give a flying fuck about religion, what's it got to do with football anyway?

For everyone like you there is the same kind of bigot on the other side and as long as that situation remains this to and fro bile will never stop.

I know there is bias against us in authority and the press but those who are offended are absolutely fucking pathetic.

Did you read a recent article in a Dublin newspaper concerning this, and particularly the " famine ?"

The columnist accused the pseudo irish/scotsmen who run bleating when they hear " nasty songs " being sung were nothing but a bunch of pathetic wasters, and, their kind should be prevented from returning Ireland if they ever tried to " come home "

That is how they view this situation, from Ireland, " the old country "

Don't buy into this crap my friend, follow Rangers for the football, nothing else.

Are you a Rangers fan or a " tim hater ?" If you are both then you were probably one of the arseholes trying to blacken our name no matter the consequences.

I for one don't give a flying fuck about religion, what's it got to do with football anyway?

For everyone like you there is the same kind of bigot on the other side and as long as that situation remains this to and fro bile will never stop.

I know there is bias against us in authority and the press but those who are offended are absolutely fucking pathetic.

Did you read a recent article in a Dublin newspaper concerning this, and particularly the " famine ?"

The columnist accused the pseudo irish/scotsmen who run bleating when they hear " nasty songs " being sung were nothing but a bunch of pathetic wasters, and, their kind should be prevented from returning Ireland if they ever tried to " come home "

That is how they view this situation, from Ireland, " the old country "

Don't buy into this crap my friend, follow Rangers for the football, nothing else.

I am a Rangers fan and a "tim hater" and will apologise to no-one for it. To infer that that makes me or anyone else on this forum an "arsehole" is the same careless use of language displayed by bigbear in the Kirk Broadfoot thread.

As for religion, I'm from the East coast and couldn't give two shites one way or the other either - I'm in it for the football and always have been. That said, I hate Celtic and think the "bile" made the game what it once was before the lunatics took over the asylum and we now have the present situation where you get arrested for farting. All I ask for here is parity. The media, and yourself gordy, are quick to jump on Rangers at the first sign of perceived/phantom wrong-doing while ignoring the dark side's songs of hate. On this thread I have listed a handful of sectarian breach of the peace offences off the top of my head which were committed by the home support on Sunday. As I have previously stated, the day they get their own sordid house in order is the day I will let them tell me whether I've been a bad boy or not.

From the above post I think what you're trying to say is both sides should be banned from singing anything but football songs. I personally would let both sides sing whatever the hell they want. Isn't it funny that this clamp-down on 'sectarianism' coincides with sectarian tensions being at their highest level for over 20 years?

We're all entitled to our opinion, but Rangers are getting enough pressure put on them by those that would have us shut down in an instant, without our own fans joining in.