we could be in big trouble

As reported in the aftermath of the OF game at Ibrox in December, I was threatened with arrest for pointing out that the Celtc fans were singing sectarian songs, and songs in praise of the AyeRanAway.

Instead of the police doing their duty, to uphold the law, they decided that it was easier to approach me, a law abiding citizen and claim that pointing out that the singers were nothing other than 'terrorist loving scumbags' is the greater offence that actually breaking the law.....

Thats what we are up against.

Cammy F

Are you a Rangers fan or a " tim hater ?" If you are both then you were probably one of the arseholes trying to blacken our name no matter the consequences.

I for one don't give a flying fuck about religion, what's it got to do with football anyway?

For everyone like you there is the same kind of bigot on the other side and as long as that situation remains this to and fro bile will never stop.

I know there is bias against us in authority and the press but those who are offended are absolutely fucking pathetic.

Did you read a recent article in a Dublin newspaper concerning this, and particularly the " famine ?"

The columnist accused the pseudo irish/scotsmen who run bleating when they hear " nasty songs " being sung were nothing but a bunch of pathetic wasters, and, their kind should be prevented from returning Ireland if they ever tried to " come home "

That is how they view this situation, from Ireland, " the old country "

Don't buy into this crap my friend, follow Rangers for the football, nothing else.

The issues aren't strictly football issues. They are just being played out there. Our club is being attacked and that makes it a football issue.

You may not care about religion, but some of us do. You can argue that it's not a football issue but it is. I fervently believe that TBB was not a song with religious connotations but it has been argued that is has. Likewise the so-called famine chant. It's not us that's doing it, and we can either allow ourselves to be bullied or we can stand up for what we believe in.

I am a Rangers fan and a "tim hater" and will apologise to no-one for it. To infer that that makes me or anyone else on this forum an "arsehole" is the same careless use of language displayed by bigbear in the Kirk Broadfoot thread.

As for religion, I'm from the East coast and couldn't give two shites one way or the other either - I'm in it for the football and always have been. That said, I hate Celtic and think the "bile" made the game what it once was before the lunatics took over the asylum and we now have the present situation where you get arrested for farting. All I ask for here is parity. The media, and yourself gordy, are quick to jump on Rangers at the first sign of perceived/phantom wrong-doing while ignoring the dark side's songs of hate. On this thread I have listed a handful of sectarian breach of the peace offences off the top of my head which were committed by the home support on Sunday. As I have previously stated, the day they get their own sordid house in order is the day I will let them tell me whether I've been a bad boy or not.

From the above post I think what you're trying to say is both sides should be banned from singing anything but football songs. I personally would let both sides sing whatever the hell they want. Isn't it funny that this clamp-down on 'sectarianism' coincides with sectarian tensions being at their highest level for over 20 years?

We're all entitled to our opinion, but Rangers are getting enough pressure put on them by those that would have us shut down in an instant, without our own fans joining in.

Norris,

for years I stood on the terraces and sang along with every song going, at all games. And usually finished with the usual ***. The other lot would sing their songs back at us and so on. I saw nothing wrong with this and I still do.

I don't know if anyone was offended but I wasn't. It was part of the atmosphere at the games, particularly the Old Firm games.

I still find it difficult to understand why people go to these games nowadays and expect some jolly banter and cuddles all round at the end, it really does baffle me.

We now live in times when no-one must be offended, its more socially acceptable to knife somebody than call them a bad name. Fucked if I will ever understand it. Are peoples' egos so fragile?

Maybe in a hundred years the game will be totally sterile and competition will be banned and probably there will be no supporters allowed to attend games, all will be televised.

Until then we live in a time of confusion where one lot are punished for doing something naughty and others aren't for the same " crime "

And, by the way, does being a "Tim Hater" make you a better person than me or is it juat a waste of time and energy ?

Norris,

for years I stood on the terraces and sang along with every song going, at all games. And usually finished with the usual ***. The other lot would sing their songs back at us and so on. I saw nothing wrong with this and I still do.

I don't know if anyone was offended but I wasn't. It was part of the atmosphere at the games, particularly the Old Firm games.

I still find it difficult to understand why people go to these games nowadays and expect some jolly banter and cuddles all round at the end, it really does baffle me.

We now live in times when no-one must be offended, its more socially acceptable to knife somebody than call them a bad name. Fucked if I will ever understand it. Are peoples' egos so fragile?

Maybe in a hundred years the game will be totally sterile and competition will be banned and probably there will be no supporters allowed to attend games, all will be televised.

Until then we live in a time of confusion where one lot are punished for doing something naughty and others aren't for the same " crime "

And, by the way, does being a "Tim Hater" make you a better person than me or is it juat a waste of time and energy ?

No, being a "tim hater" doesn't make me a better person than you, we're all good Bears on here.

I just find it strange that you can deride the offended culture while at the same time having a go at Rangers fans for their singing.

Anyone who gets in the way of letting me enjoy my football and deliberately puts MY Club in a bad light and under unnecessary pressure is a PURE ARSEHOLE. I'm sorry if this offends you in particular Norris but there's no other word to describe those people. You say you are a " Tim Hater ", well, those are the ones I hate.

Anyone who gets in the way of letting me enjoy my football and deliberately puts MY Club in a bad light and under unnecessary pressure is a PURE ARSEHOLE. I'm sorry if this offends you in particular Norris but there's no other word to describe those people. You say you are a " Tim Hater ", well, those are the ones I hate.

I should probably ask what you mean by "tim hater" before I comment further. Celtic hater?

Are you a Rangers fan or a " tim hater ?" If you are both then you were probably one of the arseholes trying to blacken our name no matter the consequences.

I for one don't give a flying fuck about religion, what's it got to do with football anyway?

For everyone like you there is the same kind of bigot on the other side and as long as that situation remains this to and fro bile will never stop.

I know there is bias against us in authority and the press but those who are offended are absolutely fucking pathetic.

Did you read a recent article in a Dublin newspaper concerning this, and particularly the " famine ?"

The columnist accused the pseudo irish/scotsmen who run bleating when they hear " nasty songs " being sung were nothing but a bunch of pathetic wasters, and, their kind should be prevented from returning Ireland if they ever tried to " come home "

That is how they view this situation, from Ireland, " the old country "

Don't buy into this crap my friend, follow Rangers for the football, nothing else.

I'm not your friend, let's be clear about that. You are everything I detest about the nouveau Rangers fan. Crass, over-opinionated, foul-mouthed, inconsistent, instantly apologetic and ludicrously beligerent. Criticising people who fit your description a whole lot less than you do yourself.

You query whether I'm a Rangers fan, ask if I'm a tim hater, and suggest I'm an arsehole trying to blacken our name. Exactly who is it you think you are here? You might want to wind in that neck of yours and exchange listening for talking until you have something worthwhile to say.

I've followed this club longer than most and dedicated a great deal of my life to it's interests. One thing the years have tought me is to decide for myself what it is I want my club to be, not to listen to populist nonsense from people like you. I don't really want to exchange further debate with you.

Lets watch this space, selective hearing was in use at the match on sunday so much so that i would'nt have been surprised if the audio equipment was put on the advertising boards at the rangers end at celtic park where you could hear a supporter fart never mind sing... usual pish coming from celtic park yet at ibrox in december they away support got away with hell.....

I'm not your friend, let's be clear about that. You are everything I detest about the nouveau Rangers fan. Crass, over-opinionated, foul-mouthed, inconsistent, instantly apologetic and ludicrously beligerent. Criticising people who fit your description a whole lot less than you do yourself.

You query whether I'm a Rangers fan, ask if I'm a tim hater, and suggest I'm an arsehole trying to blacken our name. Exactly who is it you think you are here? You might want to wind in that neck of yours and exchange listening for talking until you have something worthwhile to say.

I've followed this club longer than most and dedicated a great deal of my life to it's interests. One thing the years have tought me is to decide for myself what it is I want my club to be, not to listen to populist nonsense from people like you. I don't really want to exchange further debate with you.

Were you at Sunday's game, were you singing the so called offensive songs knowing it would put our Club in the news for all the wrong reasons ?

If you were, was this in the best interests of the Club or was it simply to enhance your own reputation as a "Tim Hater"

And by the way explain nouveau supporter ? Does that mean anyone who has supported the Club for about 45 years ? If it does, I'm your man, if not shut up and visit reality now and again.