The odious and increasingly marginalised Graham Spiers

This from today's Times. How desperate and bitter is this man becoming? He really only has one story to tell, over and over and over again. His fellow journalists have cold shouldered him completely and he remains an isolated embarrassment to his profession. I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read the latest grasping attempt to be noticed. Pathetic, he has finally done to himself what all of us would like to do to him in a darkened alley. See for yourselves......

Bigoted chants? Will the SPL have courage to act?

Following the cringe-making repertoire of the travelling Rangers support at Celtic Park last weekend, we can only await to see if the Scottish Premier League has the guts to do anything about this ongoing blight. I have to say, I very much doubt it.

At this point, a few simple facts around this latest Rangers embarrassment can be clarified. First, the bigoted anthems were at full cry once more last Sunday. Second, the SPL observer, Alan Dick, made reference to it in his report, having been in no doubt about what he heard. And, third, the Rangers hierarchy are once more in a jam over what to do about their education-starved poison within.

Last week at Celtic Park was most amazing of all for this reason: it was almost like going back five years, to the dark days of 2003-04, when Rangers began the task of ââ?¬Å?putting to restââ?¬Â their bigotry problem. For some unknown reason, all the work that the club has done in that time ââ?¬â?? all the antibigotry campaigns it has aimed at its own support ââ?¬â?? appeared not to have happened.

Will the SPL have the nerve to intervene? In recent years it has specifically adjusted its articles, making it legally permissible for the SPL board to dock points for bigoted chanting. Before you hold your breath, though, remember that Scotlandââ?¬â?¢s football governing bodies have a timorous track record when it comes to such action. In 2006, frankly, the SFA was embarrassed when Uefa suddenly came marching in to Scotland and said, ââ?¬Å?Right, well if you wonââ?¬â?¢t, we will fix Rangers.ââ?¬Â

In the wake of last Sundayââ?¬â?¢s embarrassment, there has been the now familiar outbreak of ââ?¬Å?whatabouteryââ?¬Â from the usual apologists around Rangers. It has become the classic stalling tactic for those who are in denial of the problem... ââ?¬Å?But what about Celtic, what about Aberdeen, what about Hearts?ââ?¬Â I keep saying it: if only the Rangers Supporters Trust, for one, could be politically radical, rather than prevaricating, on this subject.

The pathetic truth is, some of those who indulge in this fudging of the issue actually quite like these songs. They quite enjoyed The Billy Boys before we got it binned, and now they don�t really mind a wee drop of racism like The Famine Song, despite all Rangers� pleas to their supporters to drop it.

Now wonder Sir David Murray and Martin Bain don�t really know which supporters to turn to for help with this problem. And the wider Rangers support must feel thoroughly embarrassed and fed up.

Celtic have the edge over Rangers in the kitchen

Having enjoyed the excellent grub of the Rangers boardroom in my time, I can now say for certain that the culinary skills of its Celtic counterpart are just as good ââ?¬â?? perhaps even a tad more exotic ââ?¬â?? after an enjoyable experience last Thursday evening.

On the eve of Celticââ?¬â?¢s half-year figures, a group of the nationââ?¬â?¢s most eminent hacks ââ?¬â?? thatââ?¬â?¢s meant as a joke ââ?¬â?? were invited to chew and quaff with Peter Lawwell, the Celtic chief executive, and John Reid, the clubââ?¬â?¢s chairman. And, while the conversation was highly intriguing, what a night of juicy fayre it was.

For the record ââ?¬â?? given that both me and my good friend, Jim Traynor, were at the table ââ?¬â?? I have to sadly record that on this occasion there were no ââ?¬Å?marvellous chunks of the chairmanââ?¬â?¢s succulent lambââ?¬Â for our knives to carve through (copyright Jimbo, May 1998, Sir Daveââ?¬â?¢s pad in Jersey).

Showing his colours again. We're top of the league so he wants points deducted.

Also his claims about "whataboutary" show that his agenda is purely anti-Rangers and not anti-bigotry at all. One of the main fulcrums of any judicial system is that it must be applied fairly and consistently across the board or not at all.

It's a bit like saying to blacks that they should get their house in order before they complain of being singled out by the police. Is it "fudging the issue?" I don't think so. However, Graeme's mentality seems to say we should get the police to stop being timorous and hit blacks hard while ignoring any crimes committed by white people as the former have worse crime statistics.

The man is a pure and evil bigot.

He's says the famine song is racist, when it's clearly not, but ignores, "go home ya huns" and "sad orange bastards" which are clearly sectarian.

Perhaps we need a class action against him for obvious libel.

What a dreadful article.

His jealousy of Traynor is evident (even if unexplainable), his obsession with the RST is clear and his attempts at trying to justify why other club's problems should be ignored are laughable.

And apparently abusing plastic paddies is now racist. :confused:

All in all, a very poor "journalist" that does the Times a great disservice.

Until the club take action then we can do little but continue to highlight his lies/bias with his bosses and try our best to isolate him further.

Unfortunately, as long as Radio Clyde is available, he'll always have a job.