I actually thought Dailly & McCulloch did ok today, I also find it hard to blame todays result on WS, Iknow he signed the players!!!, today the only thing I was unhappy with WS was why he never took Boyd off ????

There was a lack of direction in extra-time during the League Cup Final, and the same was apparent in the second half today.

You'll see from my posts though, that I'm apportioning blame to the players as well.

I actually thought Dailly & McCulloch did ok today, I also find it hard to blame todays result on WS, Iknow he signed the players!!!, today the only thing I was unhappy with WS was why he never took Boyd off ????

Yip, more baffling subs by the tactical genuis Walter Smith. He is the only manager in the SPL who can't change games with subs - why did he replace a genuine wide player in DMB who was causing Hearts problems with a guy who is clearly struggling after a long lay off with injury?

Boyd wouldn't get a game as far as I'm concerned - contributes the square root of zero to the team and his saving grace, his goals, have all but disappeared.

However, Walter Smith is to blame for the change of attitude in the players after half-time. It was as if they were told not to continue with the pressing, passing etc and resort to holding on to the 2-0 lead and humping long balls to Boyd thus surrendering the ball.

Cammy F - SMITH MUST GO LOYAL RSC

First half was some of the best football and pressing I have seen from us this season. To let that slip is unforgivable and the blame lies squarely at the feet of WS and his backroom staff. "We've Blown it" is the headline on most of the papers this morning. I've seen that headline once too often now I'm afraid. All this guff coming from Smith about 'We still have to play Celtic at Ibrox' Correct me if I'm wrong but we still only get 3 points for beating Celtic and we're going to be at least 5 behind going into that game at this rate:(

Did Smith really make some smart-arsed comment at the end of the press conference to the effect that he hopes fans who criticised him for his negative/defensive approach in games last season were happy now? That he made us hard to beat last season, but look what's happened now he's trying to be more positive?

Said in reports I read Webster was injured again......

Where was that mentioned Jon?

He was fine last week so maybe he picked up an injury during the week. It is Andy Webster after all.