Well, do you?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Well, do you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Depends.

If he wins a double then he has done a job this season.

If he leaves then who would be the replacement? If we were to take a good manager then id want WS to step down but if it was McCoist to step into the job then id rather WS stay.

What Gribz said.

even if we do win the league, it seems most likely that at this stage it will be celtic throwing it away. The second half urgency vs hibs was too late. We should have started like that. Far too often have we been defensive and negative and let other teams out play us. Yes Smith has done well, a damn sight better than PLG, but the negativity in both ends of his full campaigns, this "be hard to beat" mentality is wrong.

Time for some positive football Rangers.

even if we do win the league, it seems most likely that at this stage it will be celtic throwing it away.

I hate it went people say that, normally. The team that wins the league is the best team over the course of the season (barring Celtic's long list of officials employed directly by the club). Dropped points are dropped points, whether that''s in the first game, or the last. However, in this instance I would actually go along with it. Celtic have to throw it away now. Though I don't expect it.

No, I think he should go. He did a great job steadying the ship to speak and gave us some great matches to remember last season and a European final. But unfortunately, for me at least, his second spell in charge has been a case of "what if?" as he's made some bizarre decisions during this time both on the field and off it which have left me baffled as to what he's thinking. He's been up against a poor Celtic side and having spent a reasonable amount of money, seems unable to motivate the players or get the best from them when the chips are down. Beating Celtic 4 times a season is fine, but is ultimately pointless if we struggle to beat many of the other teams in the SPL, which is exactly what we've been doing.

I know that we suffered last season with the fixture pile-up, but he just compounded that by using a small selection of the squad available to him during the season. And while I don't want to be negative when we can still win the league, we could have (and should have?) had the title done and dusted by now. His first tenure for me was typified by the team spirit shown by the players he signed. Regardless of his failings in Europe, in Scotland at least, he had players all over the park who fought tooth and nail for him and the club in every match. We've just looked toothless and gutless at times to be honest.

And I know I bring this up every time we have this kind of conversation, but why has he not addressed the obvious failings on the park that we've had to suffer for, well, I've forgotten how many years to be honest..... Lack of creativity; lack of width; lack of a decent set-piece taker; lack of leadership; playing players out of position etc.

I just get the feeling that we do have the nucleus of a good team here. We've got some very good young players who we could build a team around, but to do that we need someone who'll get the best out of them, can motivate them and also give them a chance to shine. Its been very frustrating to see how our midfield has played at times this season, but the same players would line up game after game while guys like Edu never got a sniff until later in the season. I don't care if Ferguson is our club captain. I don't care if Mendes was our "star" signing. If they're not producing the goods, someone else deserves a chance. I've never understood Smith's blind loyalty to some of our players.

Walter is a legend for me. When I was growing up, he and Souness were responsible for some of the most amazing and long-lasting memories of Rangers I'll ever have. I'd love for nothing more than him to add one more to that list by bringing home the title this year, but I think he should then step aside and we need to hope that SDM can bring in the right person to move the club on.

I know we don't have a lot of money to spend, but I honestly don't think we need to throw money at the problem. By cutting the wage bill, selling a couple of players on, we could buy wisely, strengthen the squad in the areas that need strengthening and assuming we have a decent coach and tactician, could win the SPL next season. I still find it funny when i see Bears saying we need a coach who can bring us European success. For me, we need a coach who can make us a real force in Scottish football first and foremost. Someone who can make it so that teams are afraid to come to Ibrox again. Yes we need to qualify for Europe each season for the financial rewards alone (not to mention the experience gained by playing European opposition), but the SPL is our bread and butter and we need to concentrate on dominating here before even thinking about competing seriously in Europe.

Oh dear, I've gone so far from the point, I'd forgotten what that was. Never mind, let's get 3 points and 6 goals against the sheep this weekend!

Changed my vote here now even though Hibs win tomorrow.

WS put a team out with absolute nothing about them to go and beat a poor aberdeen team. When i saw the aberdeen line up i hadnt even heard of about 4 players.

Yet the first 45 were the usual "lets not lose" approach and hoping we will nick something on the break - this is at home to Aberdeen who havent won on our patch in 18 years!!!!!!!

He is 'Hoping" for the league rather than going out to win it. IMO hibs can be excused as it was a tricky place to go and we had already won the last 7 games but the performance was shite. Yet today was a game where HAD to see the real Rangers and we got a pish performance and only won it due to an own goal!

Sorry but Walter has to be replaced and I dont want McCoist to be the man to replace him.

Circumstances have conspired against us this season and yet we've taken the title race to the wire...again. It's Walters team and we don't have the finances to change it. I honestly don't think we'll improve under any other manager at this point in time.