Rangers FC Agree to 'Setting the Standard' Debate

I really hope this is taken forward , however my initial reaction is tempered by the fact that the RSA is where it is going to be discussed , as of yet I have still to hear one single positive thing to come froward from them , and what exactly does this forum(rsa) have the power to do

See point about all fans reps being involved.

Not to mention the club itself will be involved in the debate within the Assembly forum.

Like I say, no-one expects instant tangible results but hopefully we can outline a strategy to ensure further debate is possible in or out of the Assembly forum.

:)

See point about all fans reps being involved.

Not to mention the club itself will be involved in the debate within the Assembly forum.

Like I say, no-one expects instant tangible results but hopefully we can outline a strategy to ensure further debate is possible in or out of the Assembly forum.

Frankie for this to work all the fans groups must pull together on this and not be splintered off as always happens .

The We Deserve Better campaign was an excellent campaign but because certain journalist were fed the usual morsels from Murray's plate was bye and largely dismissed as the workings of a small minority group of dissidents from the RST , instead of actually drawing out a debate on the points it raised .

So whilst setting the standard is another brilliant initiative we need to bring a focused look at what is best for the club we all love and if that means using some of the We deserve better campaign then so be it

Frankie for this to work all the fans groups must pull together on this and not be splintered off as always happens .

The We Deserve Better campaign was an excellent campaign but because certain journalist were fed the usual morsels from Murray's plate was bye and largely dismissed as the workings of a small minority group of dissidents from the RST , instead of actually drawing out a debate on the points it raised .

So whilst setting the standard is another brilliant initiative we need to bring a focused look at what is best for the club we all love and if that means using some of the We deserve better campaign then so be it

Of course.

That's why the RST (and all other fan groups/websites) were offered the report to use as they saw fit. It appears the Trust have declined to become involved for the time being despite many of the points in their statement being part of the STS project.

Fortunately, one benefit of the report being debated through the Assembly is that all fan organisations are involved and focussed in the one forum.

Then we can have the open debate oft talked about.

Edited by Frankie

I also welcome the statement from Martin Bain to at elast recognise that the club are happy to take it forward.

I now have a few questions regarding what happens next.

Will the committee/board of the Assembly be meeting STS reps in advance of the planned discussions at their next meeting?

Will the meeting be open to STS reps to attend, to answer any questions about the report, and to push the case for moving the project forward?

Did Bain specifically mention any topics within STS that he himself would now look into, or is he passing it all off onto the Assembly as a job lot for further discussions?

Will the role of the Assembly in this be to discuss STS and go back to the club and say we want A,B & C from the report to be taken further, and would there be any guarantees from the club that this would happen if it receives such a proposal from the Assembly?

TB:

Just back online after leaving work at 4pm. Allow me to answer as best as I can:

1. There is nothing planned in that regard.

2. I have asked to attend the meeting and await a reply.

3. He mentioned nothing specific which is why, like you, I feel it is important that a more in-depth debate takes place after any generic discussion.

4. I'd imagine that will be discussed at the initial meeting. The club will be present though so I'm sure both parties can come to an arrangement.

I should also say that I've contacted all fan organisations again today informing them of Bain's comments.

As such, I have made myself available if any of them want to discuss the report beforehand.

Thanks for the update.

I am glad the club will attend the meeting of the Assembly. I hope it is Bain who attends along with Jim Hannah, who I am sure will be there anyway, or at least another board member. If nobody from the board turns up, it will look like they are merely paying lip-service and I would expect it to be quietly pushed aside amongst many thanks and "we will look into taking things further" statements.

If someone at board level attends it would go a long way to show the club are serious about taking positive steps to bring the fans onside, as well as a pro-active outlook to making things better at the club, and admitting they might not have all the answers and are happy to listen to any positive ideas for the progression of the club.

I may be jumping the gun a little, and it may be that the club want to go gently gently with this, or politically give the Assembly their place, but the passing off of the report to the Assembly, while better than a "thanks, go away now" does tend to look like the start of a filing away under "pesky nuicances that know nothing"

I suppose there is no other way to go with it at this stage, and good luck with the Assembly meeting. I cant imagine you would not be allowed to attend, and look forward to any more updates as and when appropriate.

Did you get any response from the Association or the Assembly when you sent it to them?

Did you get any response from the Association or the Assembly when you sent it to them?

John MacMillan says he'll get back to me asap.

No reply from Andy Kerr or the RST.