Scotland V Macedonia

Aye, suspended. :D

First game only though !!

Come on guys who else is going ? Wija do you not normally attend ?

North Stand Loyal for me !

I bought this game as part of a 3 match package, along with Holland & Iceland.

Shit saying that, SFA will be renewing our Tartan Army membership again soon :(

First game only though !!

Come on guys who else is going ? Wija do you not normally attend ?

North Stand Loyal for me !

I bought this game as part of a 3 match package, along with Holland & Iceland.

Shit saying that, SFA will be renewing our Tartan Army membership again soon :(

Have to applaud you for your committment to Scotland Fraser. There are many bears who dont give a toss about Scotland probably because International football is perceived as boring. The thought of international weekend is boring but when it comes around it ends up not being that bad.

When I lived over there I used to always be up for going to Scotland games with my mates who supported Aberdeen but typically none of them wanted to go.

Have to applaud you for your committment to Scotland Fraser. There are many bears who dont give a toss about Scotland probably because International football is perceived as boring. The thought of international weekend is boring but when it comes around it ends up not being that bad.

When I lived over there I used to always be up for going to Scotland games with my mates who supported Aberdeen but typically none of them wanted to go.

Thing is Scotland games only come round only once every few months, it gives you a different mindset !

I don't know who has or hasn't attended Scotland games on here, but when you are at the game it is absolutely brilliant. The crowd are up for it all game, hence the Hampden Roar.

Me and my mate are in the Tartan Army, normally a few others pick up tickets and head up to the game with us. Always starts off early with a good few beers and tunes blasting, then on the train to Glasgow then Mount Florida ( or sometimes walk it ).

Hearing The Proclaimers, We'll be Coming, Caledonia, Loch Lomond etc just pumps me right up for these games ! I know myself Burley isn't the greatest manager but the players need our support and they will try there best not to let us down ! That's why i shouldn't have to be applauded for my commitment, everyone should be the same. United as our chance as a single nation to show the World what we can do !

Although it's not all like that, takes a few big results for people to get on the wagon !

Say if we win our next two games and get into the playoffs, uh oh it will be like the Italy game all over again in Scotland ! Not saying that's a bad thing as that buzz was amazing, but thats the buzz it should feel like for every Scotland game !

Edited by fraser54

I hope your right Fraser, another play off would be great but we have to give Macedonia a bit of a thumping which I cant see then beat Holland which couldnt get much harder regardless if they play a weakened team.

Dream scoreline against Macedonia would be 3-0 but IF we win I cant see it being more than 1 goal. Burley just doesnt have the players confident enough or the same mindset Walter or Eck had. Plus having Butcher and Pressley there is a liability IMO.

Im not even sure 2 wins would put us in the place off's, I can see us being the 9th best runner up then missing out which is a bit of a shite rule but we knew the score before a ball was kicked.

If this is to be Burleys last couple of matches i hope we see our strongest available team go at full pelt and go for the win. Having Hutton back is a huge bonus from an attacking point of view. It means we can have the likes of Flecther, Brown and Hartley in the middle and get width from Hutton, Maloney and McFadden.

I think Burley has already totally screwed it up & that we'll be papped out by a notable margin. I have zero faith in him. I hope we win, but I would never ever pay good money to watch a Scotland game under G. Burley.

I think Burley has already totally screwed it up & that we'll be papped out by a notable margin. I have zero faith in him. I hope we win, but I would never ever pay good money to watch a Scotland game under G. Burley.

I wouldn't want to be under George Burley in any circumstances.:giruy:

Agreed. Scotland are just not worth paying the ridiculous amounts of money to watch. Also, that coupled with the fact that some of the "famous" Tartan Army behave like reptiles at games puts me off going.

I very nearly got caught up in the hysteria during the Euro 2008 qualifiers. Then I remembered how many of the Tartan Army are piss-soaked, anthem-booing, anti-Rangers, anti-British, chip on the shoulder bigots. Fuck them and fuck the SFA.

Can see your point, firstly we are all Scottish & British

At the Northern Ireland game i was sickened by the boo's, i still sang God Save The Queen, suprisingly no one bothered me about it !

Scotland games can turn into anti-Rangers, but to be honest i try to blank Rangers out of memory, but when you hear people moaning at Ferguson, Miller or Broadfoot every two mins i get fed up with it. At the Argentina game there was a big fat mhank 2 rows in front of me giving Rangers players pelters, i normally don't criticise players out loud, keep it inside, then Hartley passed the ball out the park, i wen't fook it " HARTLEY WHAT THE FOOK WAS THAT, UTTER SHITE THATS WHAT IT WAS, NO WONDER YOU PLAY FOR CELTIC !" then the big bheast turned round and looked at me and i just smiled.