Scotland V Macedonia

Can see your point, firstly we are all Scottish & British

At the Northern Ireland game i was sickened by the boo's, i still sang God Save The Queen, suprisingly no one bothered me about it !

Scotland games can turn into anti-Rangers, but to be honest i try to blank Rangers out of memory, but when you hear people moaning at Ferguson, Miller or Broadfoot every two mins i get fed up with it. At the Argentina game there was a big fat mhank 2 rows in front of me giving Rangers players pelters, i normally don't criticise players out loud, keep it inside, then Hartley passed the ball out the park, i wen't fook it " HARTLEY WHAT THE FOOK WAS THAT, UTTER SHITE THATS WHAT IT WAS, NO WONDER YOU PLAY FOR CELTIC !" then the big bheast turned round and looked at me and i just smiled.

It's annoying, but no sheep shagger or tim will stop me supporting my country.

The SFA never fail to amaze me.

We have a massive couple of game coming up and they publicly come out with this the day before the first game!!! :confused:

Now they may be absolutely true but as head of the SFA these comments should be made no where near the weekend of such important game. It should be made after the fate is known. 99% of Scottish fans know Burley is out of his depth and will be out of a job if we dont qualify but this is just unprofessional and puts added pressure on the team ahead of the game.

What a fringe Peat is! (not you Pete :))

Scottish FA president George Peat has confirmed that George Burley's position as Scotland manager will be reviewed after the World Cup campaign.

Peat also conceded that Burley will require wins against Macedonia and the Netherlands if Scotland are to have any hope of reaching the World Cup finals.

"There's always pressure on the manager and George has been in the game long enough to cope with it," said Peat.

He also condemned diving in football, labelling it "a terrible cancer".

Burley has been under intense scrutiny almost since the start of his tenure as Scotland manager, following an opening defeat to Macedonia in the first match of the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Nobody likes cheating, diving or simulation - call it what you like, we would just like to win the game fairly

A 4-0 defeat away to Norway in August compounded the pressure on Scotland's attempts to qualify for a major international tournament for the first time since France in 1998.

However, Peat insisted that no discussions would take place about Burley's future as head coach until Scotland's fate is known.

"We agreed when George came on board we would wait until the World Cup campaign was over," said Peat. "Then we would sit down and review the position by seeing how he felt and how we felt."

Peat insisted that 4-0 defeat in Oslo has made Scotland's task even more difficult and pointed towards a crucial miss by Chris Iwelumo in the 0-0 draw against Norway at Hampden last September.

"People are tending to use that as the bad result of the tournament," said Peat.

"But had a certain centre forward not missed an open goal in the first match with Norway we would have been three points ahead of Norway at this stage and the pressure just wouldn't have been as great."

The SFA President also added his thoughts to the recent debate about diving in football, following the two-match ban issued to Arsenal striker Eduardo for deceiving the referee to earn his side a penalty against Celtic in their Champions League play-off.

"Nobody likes cheating, diving or simulation - call it what you like, we would just like to win the game fairly," said Peat.

"Right from day one our chief executive Gordon Smith has been trying to stamp this out - and nobody disagrees with that.

"It's a terrible cancer that's managed to creep into the game.

"Although it's not as bad here as in other countries, we want to eradicate it."

The SFA is a joke...between George Peat and Gordon Smith they are making a mockery of Scottish football, and that's without the aid of the walking disaster that is George Burley.

Peat is an old bufoon and how the hell Smith got the chief executive job i'll never know. Was bloody useless on the tele and radio, and now he just makes an arse of himself to an even wider audience. What next, Pat Nevin for chief executive?

All the good work re-establishing ourselves in the international game under Walter Smith and Alex McLeish has been undone since Burley took charge. It really is back to the Bertie Vogts era while he remains in charge with caps getting handed out willy nilly. I'm expecting one in my xmas stocking this year.

I would never want Scotland to lose a game, but i'll make an exception if it means that it leads to the removal of Burley and Butcher as the management team.

The SFA is a joke...between George Peat and Gordon Smith they are making a mockery of Scottish football, and that's without the aid of the walking disaster that is George Burley.

Peat is an old bufoon and how the hell Smith got the chief executive job i'll never know. Was bloody useless on the tele and radio, and now he just makes an arse of himself to an even wider audience. What next, Pat Nevin for chief executive?

All the good work re-establishing ourselves in the international game under Walter Smith and Alex McLeish has been undone since Burley took charge. It really is back to the Bertie Vogts era while he remains in charge with caps getting handed out willy nilly. I'm expecting one in my xmas stocking this year.

I would never want Scotland to lose a game, but i'll make an exception if it means that it leads to the removal of Burley and Butcher as the management team.

Pretty much spot on except for the bit at the bottom, Im still hoping we qualify for the WC so this is a game I want to win 100%. My preference would be for us to win this game and somehow beat Holland and make the play-offs but I'd replace Burley and Butcher prior to the play-offs with Strachan or Souness.

An assistant manager is a hugely important role and in Terry Butcher we have a proven fud at management level despite how good a defender he was.