I'd take Clement back in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't. Psychology is just as big a part of the modern athlete as physiology, nutrition, skill, tactical awareness.

Clement was a shite bag and his performances were overstated. Fairly average player with questionable mental state. Weak, weak individual.

by Alison McConnell

DAVID EDGAR of the Rangers Supporters Trust has slammed the Ibrox players, who he believes are not working hard enough for their big-money pay packets.

After watching the Ibrox side humbled by Euro minnows Unirea Urziceni on Tuesday night, Edgar could not contain his anger.

And the fans' chief has insisted that those who pay money to follow the club are getting sick of the sub-standard performances and the stream of excuses that are offered in the face of underachievement.

"The situation is dire and the standard poor," said Edgar. "No, we can't compete with Real Madrid or Manchester United, we understand that.

advertisement

"But we should be able to compete with the likes of Unirea.

"The players, considering the amount of money they earn, aren't doing enough. That is something that gets overlooked.

"We hear the Old Firm pleading poverty, but there are players there becoming millionaires out of Scottish football.

"Let's get this in perspective, the team we played on Tuesday night won't earn a fraction of the money Rangers players rake in.

"They're earning fantastically good sums of money for what they do.

"I get angry when I hear we don't have the budget to compete in Europe.

"I will never understand why guys think it is acceptable to go to one training session a day then go home.

"They are not world-beaters and it's not like I can't pick a flaw in every player who took the field on Tuesday night.

"These players could stay behind and work on their game.

"We are prepared to pay great sums of money to average players so we are entitled to know they are working hard to improve themselves.

"The players who are there don't seem to be getting any better. If anything, they seem to get worse."

Signing policy

WALTER SMITH fielded �£20m-worth of his signings against Unirea Urziceni:

Neil Alexander

Signed 2007

From Ipswich, �£200k

Steven Whittaker

Signed 2007

From Hibernian, �£2m

Madjid Bougherra

Signed 2008

From Charlton, �£2.5m

Lee McCulloch

Signed 2007

From Wigan, �£2.25m

Steven Davis

Signed 2008

From Fulham, �£3m

Pedro Mendes

Signed 2008

From Portsmouth, �£3m

Kevin Thomson

Signed 2007

From Hibernian, �£2m

Maurice Edu

Signed 2008

From Toronto FC, �£2.5m

Steven Naismith

Signed 2007

From Kilmarnock, �£2m

Kenny Miller

Signed 2007

From Derby County, �£2m

Kyle Lafferty

Signed 2007

From Burnley, �£3.5m

DAN PETRESCU'S Unirea were put together for just �£1,379,500:

Daniel Tudor

Signed 2008

From UTA Arad, �£178,000

Pablo Brandan

Signed 2007

From Deportivo Alaves, free

Bruno Fernandes

Signed 2008

From Ceahlaul Piatra Neamt, �£222,500

George Galamaz

Signed 2007

From Dinamo Bucharest, free

Epaminonda Nicu

Signed 2003

From Youth Academy

Tiberiu Balan

Signed 2008

From Sportul Studenesc, loan

Vasile Maftei

Signed 2009

From Rapid Bucharest, �£623k

Iulian Apostol

Signed 2007

From Farul Constanta, �£133,500

Ricardo Vilana

Signed 2006

From Malcantone Agno, free

Serban Dacian Varga

Signed 2009

From Sportul Studenesc, loan

Marius Loan Bilasco

Signed 2007

From Arge Piteti, �£222,500

Marius Onofras

Signed 2007

From Politehnica Iai, free

Sorin Frunza

Signed 2008

From FC Vaslui, free

Razvan Paduretu

Signed 2007

From Gloria 1922 Bistria, free

I wouldn't. Psychology is just as big a part of the modern athlete as physiology, nutrition, skill, tactical awareness.

Clement was a shite bag and his performances were overstated. Fairly average player with questionable mental state. Weak, weak individual.

You sure that isnt Mendes you are describing ? :thup:

Clement was the standout during the PLG reign. He tackled, hussled and had good vision for a pass. It's just a pity PLGs other signings couldn't be half as good as Clement. We could actually be doing with him in our team the now.

It never worked out for thr guy, but I liked him as a player.

I liked him as a player too, but I actually preferred the signing of Thomson when we got him. With the way Thomson is playing we could be doing with Clement :D

Clement was the standout during the PLG reign. He tackled, hussled and had good vision for a pass. It's just a pity PLGs other signings couldn't be half as good as Clement. We could actually be doing with him in our team the now.

That's exactly waht I thought of him as a player. I can only assume SA is referring to the way he followed PLG out the door as I don't remember him being a shitebag at all. I suspect the teachers pet angle was picked up by BF and his cronies though and this probably contributed to Clement feeling alienated and wanting to leave. He was a quiet lad and a good footballer, not a shitebag. Davis and Mendes fit that description more accurately for me.