How anyone can defend Walter Smith after last night needs their head checked. A decent manager should be able to change things during the game but WS lacks the knowledge to do it.

Walter and Ally are fast losing their legend status they have at our club.

Time to go Walter.

Walter Smith is showing us week after week that he cannot do what needs to be done, we can all see that so there is no denying it. Of course the underlying circumstances contribute to our dreadful situation but if Smith has lost the ability (or will) to organise and motivate, then why does he stay in the job?

We know the directors haven't a clue and almost certainly will not fire Smith but surely the manager must have some pride left, enough thought for the club to realise it's past time to resign and go.

Last night was a watershed and the manager needs to face up to it.

As I have said already, the sooner the claws of Murray are out of Rangers the better. Yes men and a Manager who used defensive football to great effect in the Uefa Cup run 2 years ago (with a better team than we have now) has now been found out. Weak team, buddy buddy players in the squad out of position when there are youngsters who could do far better. The signing of a player so inept (which last night was magnified) at getting stuck in and putting in a performance.

We need a new owner with ambition, and with that some money to spend. Not stupid money ala Man City etc. And most of all we need a Manager who is not still living in the tactical dark ages and will get rid of the dead wood.

Guest OWLBINMAN

I have respect for Walter and would not slag him or the team off, but it does just seem like he does not have a clue how to fix this, we are suffering the same fate as Liverpool with Rafa, team selection,substitution's and players in the wrong position and not only that this 4-5-1 formation is killing us, we do have players who can play football but this is a containment formation were you rely on fighters and sluggers and that is what we are lacking.

This year Davy Wier is painfully slow and so is Mcullogh to play in that position, I would give one of the reserves a game who actually plays in that position rather than put someone in there who has no clue, and as said before this is were Walter has no forward thinking or in layman's terms no balls,I would rather see us play attacking football and get beat 6 than play the way we are and still get bet 2,3 or 4, if things are going to change we need a manager who is able to get thier teams playing good football and not be afraid to have a go and used to having no money.

I have respect for Walter and would not slag him or the team off, but it does just seem like he does not have a clue how to fix this, we are suffering the same fate as Liverpool with Rafa, team selection,substitution's and players in the wrong position and not only that this 4-5-1 formation is killing us, we do have players who can play football but this is a containment formation were you rely on fighters and sluggers and that is what we are lacking.

This year Davy Wier is painfully slow and so is Mcullogh to play in that position, I would give one of the reserves a game who actually plays in that position rather than put someone in there who has no clue, and as said before this is were Walter has no forward thinking or in layman's terms no balls,I would rather see us play attacking football and get beat 6 than play the way we are and still get bet 2,3 or 4, if things are going to change we need a manager who is able to get thier teams playing good football and not be afraid to have a go and used to having no money.

I think there is a great deal of sympathy for what you say there OB..... and welcome to the forum.

I agree with a lot of your points, but would the majority accept being beat by 6? Also what would it do a young centre half? Whatever we do it wont be easy. The first objective must be 3 points at th week-end.

The Rumanians can sign players we can't get due to work permit regulations: but we probably wouldn't sign them, and if we did we probably wouldn't play them, and if we did we'd probably play them out of position anyway.

Epic stuff :D :D :D

The Rumanians can sign players we can't get due to work permit regulations: but we probably wouldn't sign them, and if we did we probably wouldn't play them, and if we did we'd probably play them out of position anyway.

That made me laugh out loud. How true it is!

That Romanian outfit was mostly home-grown (ie- Romanian players). Their entire 1st team squad only has about 4 or 5 foreigners & only 1 or 2 of them played last night.