Walter Starts the Fight Back - Time for the Fans to Boycott the Lloyds Banking Group?

Aye the cnuts !

In all seriousness I think that it could very well take something like a template with people signing up (almost like a petition) stating they will take their business elsewhere if they sell of the players and make life virtually impossible for the club to recover from.

It may not work but there is no harm in trying !

Separate question.... I know that the club has very little money but would it not be possible that, given how much Auchenhowie is worth that they could find someone with the financial clout to do a "sale and leaseback" to the club for Auchenhowie ?

I know, asset stripping - however, it would

a) realise at least a bunch of money to be able to substantially pay off the bank.

b) would provide the "purchaser" with a regular income (arms length lease payments)

c) Yes, would mean more money out the door but it would stave off the bank

d) could have it built in, IF the purchaser allows, that we can repurchase Auchenhowie at some future point in time at some pre-agreed price or formula for price

e) the money out the door would be mitigated by the interest savings from the bank loan

I know this is unlikely but I am just thinking of ways that it could possibly be achieved. Every possibility should be considered. A buyer would be preferred obviously.

Craig, there's already a petition started AFAIK, but I don't have time to go and look for it. Maybe someone else could...

Separate question.... I know that the club has very little money but would it not be possible that, given how much Auchenhowie is worth that they could find someone with the financial clout to do a "sale and leaseback" to the club for Auchenhowie ?

I know, asset stripping - however, it would

a) realise at least a bunch of money to be able to substantially pay off the bank.

b) would provide the "purchaser" with a regular income (arms length lease payments)

c) Yes, would mean more money out the door but it would stave off the bank

d) could have it built in, IF the purchaser allows, that we can repurchase Auchenhowie at some future point in time at some pre-agreed price or formula for price

e) the money out the door would be mitigated by the interest savings from the bank loan

I know this is unlikely but I am just thinking of ways that it could possibly be achieved. Every possibility should be considered. A buyer would be preferred obviously.

Have to say that I hate this idea. If it was our last option to save the club, then fair enough, but selling such an asset to lease it back while property & land values are in a slump is bad business.

Do what happend to the DSB bank in Holland. Put out a rumour that the bank is in difficties and start a run of people removing their money. Bankrupt in days. Lloyds would be a bit more difficult to get bankrupt due to it's size though.:devil:

Do what happend to the DSB bank in Holland. Put out a rumour that the bank is in difficties and start a run of people removing their money. Bankrupt in days. Lloyds would be a bit more difficult to get bankrupt due to it's size though.:devil:

Lloyds won't be going bankrupt in a hurry, that much is certain!

Craig, there's already a petition started AFAIK, but I don't have time to go and look for it. Maybe someone else could...

Have to say that I hate this idea. If it was our last option to save the club, then fair enough, but selling such an asset to lease it back while property & land values are in a slump is bad business.

Dont get me wrong, it isnt my preferred choice either. Asset stripping isnt the best piece of business in a property price slump. It also would be one less asset for potential owners to have.

The idea though was not based on the property sales price being arms-length, it doesnt have to be. They could come up with a price of, say, I dunno.. 30 million ?

The club then get 1st right to repurchase it at no less than 30 million. Could win or could lose.

But if it is that or the club having to sell FIVE 1st-team players with no replacements in January.........

Although, that said, with the way the 1st teamers have been performing this season we could actually do with losing some of them, imposters that they are :D