I take it that squad of 31 includes all the under 19's as well , because by my reckoning we have 21 which includes Fleck and Edu but not Wilson , not much of a squad

First team squad from the official site - http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Firstteamprofilesindex/0,,5,00.html (go down to the list at the bottom right)

1 Allan McGregor

2 Maurice Edu

3 David Weir

4 Pedro Mendes

5 Sasa Papac

6 Lee McCulloch

7 Steven Davis

8 Kevin Thomson

9 Kris Boyd

10 Nacho Novo

11 Jerome Rothen (on loan from PSG)

14 Steven Naismith

16 Steven Whittaker

17 Andrius Velicka (on loan to Brist C)

18 Kenny Miller

20 DaMarcus Beasley

21 Kirk Broadfoot

22 Andy Webster (on loan to Dund U)

24 Madjid Bougherra

25 Neil Alexander

26 Steven Smith

27 Kyle Lafferty

29 John Fleck

43 Steven Lennon

45 Rory Loy

46 Steven Kinniburgh (on loan to Oxford)

47 Jordan McMillan

48 Andrew Little

51 Stephen Stirling

52 Andrew Shinnie

63 Ross Perry (on loan to Oxford)

64 Kyle Hutton

66 Danny Wilson

67 Jamie Ness

69 Gregg Wylde

Not counting the 4 players in bold who are out on loan, I count 31. I think there's actually only 5 under 19's in that squad, so if you wanted to discount them for arguments sake there would still be 26. If it included all the under 19's the number would be about 46 & if you went down to under 17's, you could add about another 20 players.

I haven't seen you make one single worthy or intelligent point. People in glass houses. All you seem to do is bury your head in the sand and criticise anyone who criticises the club. Talk about irony.

You represent the typical Rangers fan who thinks all is well in complete and utter ignorance and is scared to broach reality.

Ps - With regard to what Walter's had to spend, he's spent a lot more than Dan Petrescu who embarrassed him.

Pretending everything is shit is not a sensible approach either. Asking for a never ending stream of unproven managers til we luck out with one who plays pretty football, particularly in a time when playing winning football and earning the CL money from league titles is paramoung, is pretty fucking stupid too.

And I don't represent anything. Only have a 100% negative outlook is not healthy and is not representative of what is going on. Just because I don't share your morbid views does not mean I think everything is great so don't try and polarise my arguement or make my view point more extreme than it is in an effort to make yours seem less ridiculous. :thup:

The indisputable facts, they do not make good reading, if I was writing a report I would have to stamp failure all over it and ask how that abject failure was allowed to continue unabated and unchallenged.

Smith has now taken charge of 29 matches in the Champions League group stage over his two periods in charge of Rangers, winning just five of them and suffering 14 defeats.

First team squad from the official site - http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Firstteamprofilesindex/0,,5,00.html (go down to the list at the bottom right)

1 Allan McGregor

2 Maurice Edu

3 David Weir

4 Pedro Mendes

5 Sasa Papac

6 Lee McCulloch

7 Steven Davis

8 Kevin Thomson

9 Kris Boyd

10 Nacho Novo

11 Jerome Rothen (on loan from PSG)

14 Steven Naismith

16 Steven Whittaker

17 Andrius Velicka (on loan to Brist C)

18 Kenny Miller

20 DaMarcus Beasley

21 Kirk Broadfoot

22 Andy Webster (on loan to Dund U)

24 Madjid Bougherra

25 Neil Alexander

26 Steven Smith

27 Kyle Lafferty

29 John Fleck

43 Steven Lennon

45 Rory Loy

46 Steven Kinniburgh (on loan to Oxford)

47 Jordan McMillan

48 Andrew Little

51 Stephen Stirling

52 Andrew Shinnie

63 Ross Perry (on loan to Oxford)

64 Kyle Hutton

66 Danny Wilson

67 Jamie Ness

69 Gregg Wylde

Not counting the 4 players in bold who are out on loan, I count 31. I think there's actually only 5 under 19's in that squad, so if you wanted to discount them for arguments sake there would still be 26. If it included all the under 19's the number would be about 46 & if you went down to under 17's, you could add about another 20 players.

That clears it up Zappa , on the official first team squad photo everyone from Stevie Lennon down isn't counted and to be honest I wouldn't count any of them as part of a first team squad maybe I'm being a wee bit pedantic but I dont see our first team as having 31 players

I haven't seen you make one single worthy or intelligent point. People in glass houses. All you seem to do is bury your head in the sand and criticise anyone who criticises the club. Talk about irony.

You represent the typical Rangers fan who thinks all is well in complete and utter ignorance and is scared to broach reality.

Ps - With regard to what Walter's had to spend, he's spent a lot more than Dan Petrescu who embarrassed him.

Super Ally is one of the best and most intelligent posters on here who has also contributed a hell of a lot of excellent Gersnet articles which are published on the main site and NewsNow. Wasn't he also voted user of the year last year?

I think you're showing your own ignorance of people on here.

Cynics think they are the realists and arrogantly think that everyone else is ignorant, but a realist see's both sides of the coin - good and bad; the cynic has the narrow mind only to see things on the bad side of the coin. Cynicism is rarely constructive and usually breeds apathy, so who is the one with the head in the sand?

How did Putresco embarrass Walter? By scoring three deflected goals and saving a penalty to win away and then being very lucky to earn a draw at home? Even fair minded Tims think we were pretty unlucky in the first game, so where exactly are YOU coming from?

The likes of SuperAlly defends the club against *unfounded* criticism, I think that would be a trait of any fan of the club. You'd expect unfounded criticism to come from our enemies - like Graeme Spiers for instance.

Dan may not have spent as much as Walter but comaring pound notes is showing your utter ignorance of world economics as well as a weternised arrogance. Romania is a much poorer country with lower wages, higher population and less obesity/sedentry than ours. You don't don't need to spend too much in British terms to put together a decent side that can beat the champions of a small, unhealthy country of the likes of Scotland - one that also beat Seville and drew with Stuttgart. Walter has not much to be embarrassed about apart from his lack of luck and resources to draw upon.

Maybe you should concentrate on adding more quality to the debate instead of coming along to spout your cynical rhetoric and then lobbing sticks and stones at everyone who disagrees with you.

To be fair, he's spent nearly �£30m, presumably trying to create a successful team. The net spend is an accounting outcome, if I wanted to judge business managers I wouldn't ask Walter to step up on the podium. The actual spend is what he is judged on as a football manager, that's the money he employed to improve the team, lay down a legacy for the future. And that's a hell of a lot of money for a quite miserable return in almost all cases. We can talk about titles, trophies and UEFA cup but in the final analysis what Walter has achieved with that spend coiuld be seen at Ibrox on Tuesday evening and it was .... simply dreadful.

Whatever I think of Walter as a Rangers man is quite different from the way I see him as a tactician and motivator of players. But when it comes to the fundamentals of being able to spot a talent, take it another level and mould players iinto a successful team .... Walter ain't your man, never was.

I think to be anywhere near fair, you would at least have to only count the money spent on the current first team squad. Even then it's probably less than the price of a decent premiership player. Hardly something to moan about considering the trophies he's won. I'd say it's bugger all money for a pretty good return. When you start comparing us to teams that have spent 5 times as much, I'd agree we don't look so good, but are you really surprised. What kind of miserable return are Stuttgart bringing in for their money?

I can't believe anyone who thinks we were given a going over in that game has any empathy at all for Rangers. It just completely ignores the facts and puts negative spin on it that Alistair Campbell would be proud.

Depends how you get your kicks I suppose, but I'll never tale pleasure in twisting the facts to rubbish Rangers just for the sake of it.

I might be guilty of shades the opposite now again but I think that's pretty normal and understandable for a FAN of the club.

Keep gleefully revelling in the defeats while scoffing at our successes, but just don't expect me to join you.