Were they banned for the v-sign ? How do you know pete ? Or are you only taking that from one side of the story ? ;)

See, you know less than Boyd does about that situation yet you feel entitled to comment on it, yet by the same token you feel that Boyd shouldnt voice his opinion on it when he would have been much closer to the situation than any of us.

He would have been asked those questions and he is entitled to his opinion the same as the rest of us. It is very common knowledge that there were MORE players involved. All Boyd is saying is what MANY Gers fans are saying which is "why did the rest not also get punished" ? I think he is quite entitled to do so.

And as gisa said, you have no idea whether he has already spoken to Levein or not, yet you felt that you should comment on it despite not knowing. My point being, you dont think Boyd should talk about things which in your opinion he knows nothing about - yet you are doing the exact same thing.

He has been asked the question by the press and knew enough about the situation to comment. I see no harm in him doing so.

Ferguson and McGregor WERE banned for the v signs Bear. The fact they were on the bench shows they weren't banned for partying.

Were they banned for the v-sign ? How do you know pete ? Or are you only taking that from one side of the story ? ;)

See, you know less than Boyd does about that situation yet you feel entitled to comment on it, yet by the same token you feel that Boyd shouldnt voice his opinion on it when he would have been much closer to the situation than any of us.

He would have been asked those questions and he is entitled to his opinion the same as the rest of us. It is very common knowledge that there were MORE players involved. All Boyd is saying is what MANY Gers fans are saying which is "why did the rest not also get punished" ? I think he is quite entitled to do so.

And as gisa said, you have no idea whether he has already spoken to Levein or not, yet you felt that you should comment on it despite not knowing. My point being, you dont think Boyd should talk about things which in your opinion he knows nothing about - yet you are doing the exact same thing.

He has been asked the question by the press and knew enough about the situation to comment. I see no harm in him doing so.

I do know 100% certain that they were banned for the v-sign as they were put on the bench for Boozegate where they made the sign. I also saw Gordon Smith making a statement on reporting Scotland in person and not being misquoted by journalists. I am also not a public figure making a statement to the media. He is. Yes he is entitled to his opinion but he should not be hanging it out to the media as he had nothing to do with the incident.

Yes that is only my opinion!:P

I know what you're saying Pete, but I think its got to the point where the feeling of the TA towards him couldn't get any lower, so there's no harm in speaking to the press about it. I think its a fairly level-headed statement and when he did quit, I thought he handled himself quite well in the press, whereas Burley acted like an immature schoolboy who'd just been dumped, instead of an international manager.

His revelations about "boozegate" are hardly that as its been rumoured for ages that there were others involved that night so it shouldn't come as any surprise. Again though, there's a real hatred towards our players from fans of all other clubs, so trying to get a fair hearing for stuff like this is impossible.

I thought the SFA and Burley handled the whole thing very badly indeed, but Ferguson and Mcgregor were idiots doing the v-signs thing on the bench, talk about giving their detractors perfect ammunition for them. Of course it was then overblown in the media and then by other fans, but both players should have been mature enough to realise that in the first place.

Cheers,

Mike.

I know what you're saying Pete, but I think its got to the point where the feeling of the TA towards him couldn't get any lower, so there's no harm in speaking to the press about it. I think its a fairly level-headed statement and when he did quit, I thought he handled himself quite well in the press, whereas Burley acted like an immature schoolboy who'd just been dumped, instead of an international manager.

His revelations about "boozegate" are hardly that as its been rumoured for ages that there were others involved that night so it shouldn't come as any surprise. Again though, there's a real hatred towards our players from fans of all other clubs, so trying to get a fair hearing for stuff like this is impossible.

I thought the SFA and Burley handled the whole thing very badly indeed, but Ferguson and Mcgregor were idiots doing the v-signs thing on the bench, talk about giving their detractors perfect ammunition for them. Of course it was then overblown in the media and then by other fans, but both players should have been mature enough to realise that in the first place.

Cheers,

Mike.

Totally agree that Burley made a botch of things. If he let the players have a drink he should have stipulated a time he expected them in bed. I would imagine he could even have got the bar shut at a certain time if he had wanted to. 4 to 5 hours is a normal amount of hours for a night out especially if you have had a drink and your enjoying yourself.

Personally i am also a Scotland supporter and i wear a jimmy hat and tartan scarf and the st Andrews flag draped around me when Scotland are playing. Does that make me a member of the tartan army? I certainly don't hate Rangers and i know there are another few on here who also support Scotland. If we segregate ourselves from supporting Scotland or even worse support England because we are so called unionists, and it is more fitting for a Rangers supporter to support England, then we are no better than the people we call the plastic paddies.

Totally agree that Burley made a botch of things. If he let the players have a drink he should have stipulated a time he expected them in bed. I would imagine he could even have got the bar shut at a certain time if he had wanted to. 4 to 5 hours is a normal amount of hours for a night out especially if you have had a drink and your enjoying yourself.

Personally i am also a Scotland supporter and i wear a jimmy hat and tartan scarf and the st Andrews flag draped around me when Scotland are playing. Does that make me a member of the tartan army? I certainly don't hate Rangers and i know there are another few on here who also support Scotland. If we segregate ourselves from supporting Scotland or even worse support England because we are so called unionists, and it is more fitting for a Rangers supporter to support England, then we are no better than the people we call the plastic paddies.

Your feelings regarding the TA are likely to be in the minority.

The TA OFFICIALLY said they didnt want McGregor and Ferguson back, is that not right ? To suggest there is not an anti-Rangers feeling generally amongst the TA is to bury your head in the sand in my opinion

What's the difference between Kris Boyd and Davie Weir? Weir quit because of Vogts and came back but he didn't get anything like the treatment dished out to Boyd.

A couple of us mentioned this on another thread, a lot of the TA (Jambos in particular) have been giving Weir dogs abuse recently, but only since he signed for us. Go figure.

Mike.

There were mumblings of discontent pretty soon after Burley took over, so I don't think anyone was surprised when things started to go off the rails.

I'm also a Scotland supporter, but I find it pretty depressing to see the attitude towards many of our players from fellow Scotland fans just because of who they play for. As far as they're concerned, its just an extension of league business where they find any reason they can to slag our club and players off.

Are their really that many Scottish Gers fans who support England or is that another one of those myths that's grown arms and legs?

Mike.

Your feelings regarding the TA are likely to be in the minority.

The TA OFFICIALLY said they didnt want McGregor and Ferguson back, is that not right ? To suggest there is not an anti-Rangers feeling generally amongst the TA is to bury your head in the sand in my opinion

Who are the leaders of this TA. Please name them so as i can read up on them and make up my own mind what is fact and what is fiction. Are you talking about 5 men who think like that. Who are the TA? I am pretty sure a large number of Scotland supporters also support Rangers, so when they put on a tartan scarf are they then Jekyll and Hyde and hate Rangers. Yes i can imagine that a few Celtic\Aberdeen etc. minded idiots hate Rangers but i am also pretty sure the real Scotland supporters want to see the best players playing for Scotland. I can also imagine someone said they don't want to see Fergie, McGregor and Boyd playing. Hey! Weren't a large number on here saying that about them playing for Rangers last year. Are we only allowed to say things like that? Are Scotland supporters not allowed to talk about players who they think are hurting their team. I have been a huge critic of fergie and Boyd. I didn't want to see McGregor replace Alexander in goal. Just because someone out this supposed tartan army says something like that he is Scum. Come on give us a break.