Off topic I know - but I actually reckon Brown would have turned into a very, very good player if he had signed for us.

Agree with Zappa. You watch him play - he very rarely passes to a team-mate, and his goal ratio is shocking for an attacking midfielder. Potentially - and I stress potentially - we got a better payer in Thomson.

I was one of those gutted we didn't get Brown and Thomson tbh. I thought Brown showed potential to be that box-to-box midfielder with a high tempo that we were missing. I agree that Thomson has the potential to be even better if he can get back to the form he was starting to show last season.

Mike.

Sasa Papac in warning to Danny Wilson over Rangers exit

By Peter Jardine

Rangers defender Sasa Papac has warned teenager Danny Wilson not to jump at his first chance to head south.

The young centre-half has rejected an initial contract offer from the Ibrox club in a decision which has deeply frustrated boss Walter Smith.

But Papac believes the best way for Wilson to continue his football education at the moment is by sticking with Rangers for another two or three years at least.

'I think Danny is quite capable of playing in England for a top club,' said Papac of the youngster, whose current deal has 18 months to run.

'He has the quality to play on a big stage. Rangers are a big club, too, but Danny has the ability to play every year at Champions League level somewhere else.

'However, if he leaves us now at the age of 18, it might go wrong for him. He might not play regularly and then he will not develop enough.

'Danny is a talented player and to be playing first-team games for Rangers at the age of 18 is an achievement in itself.

'It is a great way for him to learn - especially as a defender. He has plenty of time to move later in his career.

'He should wait with us for another two or three years and even then he will only be 21. His future looks good, I am certain of that.'

Wilson's rejection, thus far, of an extension drew a withering public rebuke from Smith last week - and a subsequent denial from the agency that represents him that they advised him to turn it down after whispering in his ear about English suitors.

Papac insisted there may be a more simple explanation. He added: 'Players don't always accept a first offer in contract talks. It is negotiation - it needs to be right for the club and for the player.'

Fleck was also said to have rejected a contract offer, although sources close to the player denied this was the case over the weekend.

A spokesman for Stellar Group, who represent both players, said: 'There are no two ways about this - both lads are very happy at Rangers and want to stay.

'They feel as if they are in the right place, at the right time and are working with the right people. They idolise Walter Smith and his coaching staff.'

Agree with Zappa. You watch him play - he very rarely passes to a team-mate, and his goal ratio is shocking for an attacking midfielder. Potentially - and I stress potentially - we got a better payer in Thomson.

Why potential? Thomson's been here for 3 years! If you haven't made up your mind which one's better of the two of them by now, then you might as well give up.

http://www.sundaypost.com/postindex.htm

By Danny Stewart

DANNY WILSON and John Fleck have been left stunned by suggestions they have set their sights on England.

Rangers� teenage stars, who still have 18 months to run on their contracts, have been unable to agree on new deals.

Repeated attempts by Chief Executive Martin Bain to broker pay packages have stalled.

And on Friday manager Walter Smith said it appeared the pair saw their futures elsewhere and were putting contracts ahead of their careers.

That has shocked Wilson and Fleck, both of whom have been Rangers supporters since boyhood.

Baulked

Wilson has baulked at accepting a new four-year deal.

It is understood that was in response to an offer heavily weighted towards appearances.

And while there is interest in the young central defender from Manchester United and Spurs, his desire is to stay at Ibrox, albeit on his terms.

Fleck is like-minded. Mainly used off the substitutes� bench this season, he helped set up Nacho Novo�s winner at Hamilton yesterday.

His only wish is to do so with Rangers. In any case, there are no clubs currently queuing up to try and lure him south.

The players� advisors, the Stellar Group, were last night tight-lipped on the situation.

All a spokesman would say was, ââ?¬Å?Our clients are fully committed to Rangers Football Club.ââ?¬Â

great news give them a 5 year contract worth 5 grand a week and if they keep playing better give them a pay rise bain :spl:

There would be some demand for Wilson - maybe a few Championship sides or lesser SPL teams. Can't see any interest in Fleck.

rbr is quite correct. Smith and even Bain have played things extremely well in the last 3 months or so.

The latest being only naming 6 substitutes on Saturday when surely a further youth player could have been called in.

They offered new contracts without the banks approval. Boyd wants to sign it but it hasn't been signed yet. What could possibly be blocking that deal?

With Wilson and Fleck having 18 months left, there’s more than plenty of time to negotiate. In fact, both lads have stated they wish to stay. Yet stories leaked that they were off to chase the money down south. Nicely planted article perhaps? I thinks so.

Even Murray's prize puppet Traynor has done a job for us today in what was a surpisingly fair article , mind you he is also very very pally with another of our management team !!!!!!

I understand that angle of the Fleck & Wilson story, I really do, but why did Smith come out and make the statement he did? Would it not have made more sense, if we believe he's in on it (so to speak) for him to come out and say that we can't afford to offer them the money they deserve? That way it looks like the bank is to blame.

Good article from Traynor.

Mike.

Edited by ascender