From sccgers on FF re takeover and transfers

Not necessarily, just need a draw against Forest and then have a one off cup match.

I really hope they do it, but the odds are against them. Chances of them getting the result against Forest and then winning the final play-off are less than 50/50. It's possible though! :)

Mr Park really has to get things moving if he is for real. If this source is to be believed then Mr Ellis is entering the final straight and Park is still in the traps. Any offer will have to be immediately acceptable or we will roll into next season in God knows what shape.

Park won't be able to match the alleged Ellis offer...

Seems to me the King/Park consortium are again stalling for time as opposed to being late contenders.

More to the point Ellis appears to be unable to meet the new takeover panel criteria, regards "irrevocable letters of intent". There is no excuse for anyone to stall, the league and europe are secure, HMRC is a crock, only reason to stall is bullshit walter mitty nonsense.

More to the point Ellis appears to be unable to meet the new takeover panel criteria, regards "irrevocable letters of intent". There is no excuse for anyone to stall, the league and europe are secure, HMRC is a crock, only reason to stall is bullshit walter mitty nonsense.

I really hate doing this , but I think you are bang on the money Wabash , god that really was difficult typing that :)

Where is that from?

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/instrument-2007-1.pdf

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/Instrument-2009-6.pdf

PS I have been getting into trouble for not cutting and pasting, only giving the link as a reference, reminds me of an old saying, but we won't go into that now. :devil:

Edited by wabashcannonball

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/instrument-2007-1.pdf

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/Instrument-2009-6.pdf

PS I have been getting into trouble for not cutting and pasting, only giving the link as a reference, reminds me of an old saying, but we won't go into that now. :devil:

That doesn't answer the question.

That doesn't answer the question.

IRREVOCABLE COMMITMENTS AND LETTERS OF INTENT

(a) During an offer period, if any party to the offer or any person acting in concert with it procures an irrevocable commitment or a letter of intent, the relevant party to the offer must publicly disclose the details in accordance with the Notes on this Rule 2.11.

(b) If a party to the offer or any person acting in concert with it has procured an irrevocable commitment or a letter of intent prior to the commencement of the offer period and/or prior to midnight on the day before an Opening Position Disclosure is made under Rule 8.1(a) or 8.2(a), the details must be disclosed in the Opening Position Disclosure made by the relevant party to the offer (see Note 5(a) on Rule 8 and the Notes on this Rule 2.11).

© If, during the offer period and prior to midnight on the day before an Opening Position Disclosure is made under Rule 8.1(a) or 8.2(a), a party to the offer or any person acting in concert with it procures an irrevocable commitment or a letter of intent and the details are disclosed in accordance with Rule 2.11(a), that disclosure must also include details of any other commitments or letters which have been procured prior to the date of the disclosure and which have not previously been disclosed.

(d) If a person who has given an irrevocable commitment or a letter of intent either becomes aware that he will not be able to comply with the terms of that commitment or letter or no longer intends to do so, that person must:

(i) promptly announce an update of the position together with all relevant details; or

(ii) promptly notify the relevant party to the offer and the Panel of the up-to-date position. Upon receipt of such a notification, the relevant party to the offer must promptly make an appropriate announcement of the information notified to it together with all relevant details.

(e) See also Note 9 on the definition of acting in concert.NOTES ON RULE 2.11

1. Timing of disclosure

A disclosure required by Rule 2.11(a) must be made by no later than 12 noon on the business day following the date of the transaction.

No separate disclosure by an offeror is required under Rule 2.11(a) where the relevant information is included in an announcement made under Rule 2.5 which is published no later than 12 noon on the business day following the date on which the irrevocable commitment or letter of intent is procured.

2. Method of disclosure

Disclosure under this Rule 2.11 should be made in accordance with the requirements of Rule 2.9.

3. Contents of disclosure

A disclosure of the procuring of an irrevocable commitment or a letter of intent must provide full details of the nature of the commitment or letter including:(a) the number of relevant securities of each class to which the irrevocable commitment or letter of intent relates;

(b) the identity of the person from whom the irrevocable commitment or letter of intent has been procured. For this purpose, the information which should be disclosed is that which would be required by Note 5 on Rule 8 if the person concerned were disclosing a dealing in relevant securities;

© in respect of an irrevocable commitment, the circumstances (if any) in which it will cease to be binding; and

(d) in the case of an irrevocable commitment or a letter of intent procured prior to the announcement of a firm intention to make an offer under Rule 2.5, the value (and any other material terms) of the possible offer in respect of which the commitment or letter has been procured. (See Rule 2.4©.)

4. Letters of intent procured prior to the commencement of the offer period

Where a party to the offer has procured a letter of intent prior to the commencement of the offer period, it must be verified that the letter of intent continues to represent the intentions of the shareholder or other person concerned at the time that the relevant details are publicly disclosed. This will normally include the shareholder or other person concerned providing an up-to-date written confirmation to the relevant party to the offer or its adviser.

If you need any further help in ascertaining the crock of shit that masquerades as an interest from Ellis do not hesitate to let me know, or you could have a further update from NL after all you can vouch for him.

Ellis will be wiping his arse with sandpaper before he produces a letter of intent from anyone, and Murray in particular.