From sccgers on FF re takeover and transfers

These last several years, Rangers have increasingly been dealing from a position of growing weakness.

It's cause and effect, decisions taken a decade past are having an effect now. There has not been a long term plan at Rangers in the last decade, it's been crisis management throughout. The overiding outlook has been get over the next hurdle, and face the next one after that when it appears(usually soonest).

Murray is very much a product of his conditioning, he is the son of a professional gambler(who took his own life as his creditors moved in). SDM is a gambler too, and he has been on a ten year losing streak. As trophies were won during this period, he appeared bullish and confident, playing master bluff.

A growing number of Bears became increasingly concerned that our club became another chip on the table. Even the bluest of blue chips was utilised to thread a dozen or more companies into the very fabric of the club. Currently, the Bank has our club in it's back pocket and it's their turn to take any number of slices from the dripping roast.

What a crock, the bank has the club in its back pocket, obviously facts in any financial sense have passed you by, by a long way. Get a grip on reality.

What a crock, the bank has the club in its back pocket, obviously facts in any financial sense have passed you by, by a long way. Get a grip on reality.

The overall influence of the bank can be debated but their influence remains an important one and, at MIH at least, is a rising one.

The chairman has been at pains to make it clear that the bank retain a keen interest in our financial planning.

The overall influence of the bank can be debated but their influence remains an important one and, at MIH at least, is a rising one.

The chairman has been at pains to make it clear that the bank retain a keen interest in our financial planning.

If you have a mortgage or a loan the bank any bank has a keen interest, especially if you default, I wasn't aware the club had defaulted on anything, because they/we haven't defaulted on anything.

Once again, and this appears not to register, the bank cannot change binding agreements at their whim, it is illegal and a breach of any contract, on the other hand defaulting on payments gives any bank the thin end of a very big wedge.

People should stop scaremongering and blowing the circumstances up out of all recognition, to that which they really are.

The club is in no danger from any bank.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the club is in danger per se.

Just that the influence of the bank is something that would be good to live without. Remember, previous 20 year debt repayment term agreements notwithstanding, the bank wants out and MIH want out - as such it isn't a great leap of faith to see these terms change in order to reduce/eliminate the debt more quickly - outwith a new owner obviously.

That in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as the club's competitiveness isn't put at risk.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the club is in danger per se.

Just that the influence of the bank is something that would be good to live without. Remember, previous 20 year debt repayment term agreements notwithstanding, the bank wants out and MIH want out - as such it isn't a great leap of faith to see these terms change in order to reduce/eliminate the debt more quickly - outwith a new owner obviously.

That in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as the club's competitiveness isn't put at risk.

At least we agree that the bank cannot act arbitrarily, but where I come from being in someones back pocket only has one meaning.

These last several years, Rangers have increasingly been dealing from a position of growing weakness.

It's cause and effect, decisions taken a decade past are having an effect now. There has not been a long term plan at Rangers in the last decade, it's been crisis management throughout. The overiding outlook has been get over the next hurdle, and face the next one after that when it appears(usually soonest).

Murray is very much a product of his conditioning, he is the son of a professional gambler(who took his own life as his creditors moved in). SDM is a gambler too, and he has been on a ten year losing streak. As trophies were won during this period, he appeared bullish and confident, playing master bluff.

A growing number of Bears became increasingly concerned that our club became another chip on the table. Even the bluest of blue chips was utilised to thread a dozen or more companies into the very fabric of the club. Currently, the Bank has our club in it's back pocket and it's their turn to take any number of slices from the dripping roast.

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I think the line about his father is out of order and ought to be removed.

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I think the line about his father is out of order and ought to be removed.

I felt the same way to be honest but it is nothing more than a factual statement Andy. My opinion was that it wasnt warranted and somewhat not relevant - but it seems harmless enough.

I think it is relevant to the point 26th was making. Life isn't a bed of roses guys... :)

I would agree if you are talking about the "professional gambler" statement - but I fail to see what relevance his father taking his own life has to the statement. 26th, from what I could tell, was trying to make the point that SDM is a gambler much like his father..... what was the relevance of his father taking his own life with creditors chasing him ?

I would agree if you are talking about the "professional gambler" statement - but I fail to see what relevance his father taking his own life has to the statement. 26th, from what I could tell, was trying to make the point that SDM is a gambler much like his father..... what was the relevance of his father taking his own life with creditors chasing him ?

It puts into context the level of his gambling and the level of his debts.