Rangers FC no longer for sale

Guest Flying Hippo
What is it that drives certain people to exhibit themselves by promoting "information" that they cannot possibly substantiate? What weakness prevents them from either just keeping their own counsel or posting it as the unsupported rumour it always is? Why the need to try to invest these rumours with credibility they don't deserve by expressions of personal faith in un-named individuals who always seem to be waiting for further corroboration from even more opaque and distant sources? Is it a disease ... because is sure is spreading everywhere.

There now appear to be droves of people who are waiting by the phone for calls from God knows who. Then there are even more people in the second division who feel the need to announce that, while they're not actually in the front line, they are close to people who are and can't you just see the reflected glory. People should show more personal dignity.

The internet is no different to any other area of life. People want to build reputations for themselves

As with any such thread, i've given this one a wide berth as i'm of the old fashioned belief that being a supporter is about supporting the players, not thinking you're owed a say in club politics

Roll on pre season ;)

If I don't want to read about a certain subject, I stay away from the thread. Especially when there is no mistaking the title.

And that's exactly what everyone should do if they don't want to read this type of thread. As you say, the title is very clear and nobody is forcing any of us to come in here and read what's being written, so it's a bit fresh to come in and complain about it.

What is it that drives certain people to exhibit themselves by promoting "information" that they cannot possibly substantiate? What weakness prevents them from either just keeping their own counsel or posting it as the unsupported rumour it always is? Why the need to try to invest these rumours with credibility they don't deserve by expressions of personal faith in un-named individuals who always seem to be waiting for further corroboration from even more opaque and distant sources? Is it a disease ... because is sure is spreading everywhere.

There now appear to be droves of people who are waiting by the phone for calls from God knows who. Then there are even more people in the second division who feel the need to announce that, while they're not actually in the front line, they are close to people who are and can't you just see the reflected glory. People should show more personal dignity.

I can fully understand your viewpoint and to be fair to you it's one that you have been consistent on for as long as i have been on this site , however the one thing I have found over time is that certain posters by their own track record deserve a little credit from posting consistintely and from not posting drivel , therefore from my own point of view I am the type of person to give a bit of latitude especially when it's about something as important as this .Now this may be a flaw in my character , it probably is to be honest , however at the end of the day these are internet sites and until the person is actually standing holding a Rangers strip , or is declared the new owner I will always be slightly sceptical , now that may be adaft way to be but that's just the way I am , on here I always try to be as optomistic as I can even when faced with little evidence , in the same way I believe In will win the lottery every week .

Chilled bear , it was explained by one of the posters who originally posted about Ellis , people on FF were going mental about there being no announcement by the club and he came on and tried to explain what was going to happpen this weekend , in his opinion and the opinion of the person he knew inside the club , hope that helps.

The internet is no different to any other area of life. People want to build reputations for themselves

Fling Hippo , that bit I dont really agree with ,as what difference does it reaslly make if you dont know any of the other posters personally , I could sit at a game only a few seats away from any of you ( if I renewed ) but no one would know , so does it really matter if you have a percieved reputation in cyber space , where you are judger is real life in real situations where decisions you make make a material difference , not in a pretend world trying to wind people up or argue with people .

I have learned more about Rangers from coming on sites such as this and not being afraid to either ask or appologise if I either didn't know something or else when I have made an arse of myself , but the idea of just coming on to post rubbish to wind people up is just foreign to me .

As with any such thread, i've given this one a wide berth as i'm of the old fashioned belief that being a supporter is about supporting the players, not thinking you're owed a say in club politics

As for that part , I to my eternal shame felt the same till the mid to late nineties until I realised we were getting run into the ground and turned against Murray , if more supporteres had taken their head out of the sands and protestesd against Murray earlier we might not be in this mess . And before the blame gets thrown at Advocatt , just remember Murray signed the cheques and some , such as that disaster Hendry , Advocatt had no knowledge of.

Edited by rbr

Chilled bear , it was explained by one of the posters who originally posted about Ellis , people on FF were going mental about there being no announcement by the club and he came on and tried to explain what was going to happpen this weekend , in his opinion and the opinion of the person he knew inside the club , hope that helps.

Thanks, so the guy [scgers?] is over in Vegas?

Thanks, so the guy [scgers?] is over in Vegas?

No mate , believe it or not he is moving house just now , and probably needs a rest after vall the hassle he recieved over his posts

These are fans forums , Rangers fans forums , why you continue to lurk about is beyond me , you believe what you want to believe ,you agree with what you want to agree with and vice versa .

You quote "sources" when it suits your arguement even though they tend to be old newspaper articles .

As for your attempt to stir it the other night , which was possibly the most pathetice thing I have ever witnessed , all you achieved was outing yourself as a total idiot .

Fans don't post bollox for the deluding of other fans, your source really stitched you up......or is Suck being economical with the truth, one of them is at it, so we will take that as your source since Suck made a full and public rebuttal of your sources allegations. As my auld faither used to say..."you couldny gie you a rid neck wi' a blawlamp" :whistle:

Fans don't post bollox for the deluding of other fans, your source really stitched you up......or is Suck being economical with the truth, one of them is at it, so we will take that as your source since Suck made a full and public rebuttal of your sources allegations. As my auld faither used to say..."you couldny gie you a rid neck wi' a blawlamp" :whistle:

Are you familiar with the old phrase... "Haud Yer Wheesht!!" by any chance wabash?

Are you familiar with the old phrase... "Haud Yer Wheesht!!" by any chance wabash?

Not until you tell me, but your not old enough to tell me, and I don't need you to tell me how to defend myself against people who post bullshit and then try to deflect it to me for exposing it,if you are happy to swallow it be my guest.....but there is more to come ....certain parties have been yanking punters chains......