Rangers FC no longer for sale

Guest BdTS
Do you know what he's looking to buy? MSL's shares as well as MIH's?

It would appear that we're looking him buying out most of both, I don't have confirmation of that though.

There's also been a distinct lack of mud-slinging about Ellis over the last couple of weeks. Does anyone have any idea why that seems to have stopped all of a sudden? It seemed to be a recurring theme for a while there.

I for one certainly won't be celebrating any takeover if/when it happens until I know where the cash came from and what the new owners' plans are. I know a lot of people will celebrate the buyout of Murray's majority shareholding simply because they couldn't wait for it to happen, but until it's clear that the new owner or owner's is/are better than Murray I think they'll just be making a fool of themselves. It's very easy to slate Murray for his failures and mismanagement of the club and I not only understand, but agree with most of it. However, just because Murray has been far from perfect doesn't mean Ellis or any other wannabe footy club owner is going to be any better. It's actually more likely that they'll be worse in my opinion. I'm not mud slinging. That's just how I see it realistically. I don't believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy or the Messiah.

So talks are continuing between Mr Ellis and Mr Murray with the suggestion an agreement has been reached but nothing signed as yet. Is there anything to suggest that the intentions of Mr Ellis have been put before the takeover panel (AJ, Greig etc) or has that process still to happen?

Also, can anyone confirm if Mr Ellis was in Vegas? I heard he had a meeting with AJ, Bain and Walter.

Mr Ellis was in attendance at the Epsom derby.

I for one certainly won't be celebrating any takeover if/when it happens until I know where the cash came from and what the new owners' plans are. I know a lot of people will celebrate the buyout of Murray's majority shareholding simply because they couldn't wait for it to happen, but until it's clear that the new owner or owner's is/are better than Murray I think they'll just be making a fool of themselves. It's very easy to slate Murray for his failures and mismanagement of the club and I not only understand, but agree with most of it. However, just because Murray has been far from perfect doesn't mean Ellis or any other wannabe footy club owner is going to be any better. It's actually more likely that they'll be worse in my opinion. I'm not mud slinging. That's just how I see it realistically. I don't believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy or the Messiah.

Completely agree. We need to get beyond the cult of personality that Murray promoted and look at the plan any new owner brings with him... and if he doesn't lay one on the table, I'd suggest we have made no progress whatsoever. It's not a change of face we need so much as a change of style to one of openness and honesty.

Mr Ellis was in attendance at the Epsom derby.

Not sure how you know that but it was probably the best place for him. The idea he was going to turn up at the narsa event was a bit fanciful to say the least. I doubt Murray would want him off talking to AJ without a hand up his arse pulling the strings.:)

If this from Bdts is anything to go by, if this is what we have or possibly awaits, their conduct would be no better than Murray's.

For the record, if a manuscript of some sort comes out from the NARSA AGM today, I fully expect AJ, Bain and Smith to deny or not acknowledge takeover talk or give any hints about this.

I would like to think that AJ, Bain and WS have more integrity than that, if that scenario ever arose.

If this from Bdts is anything to go by, if this is what we have or possibly awaits, their conduct would be no better than Murray's.

For the record, if a manuscript of some sort comes out from the NARSA AGM today, I fully expect AJ, Bain and Smith to deny or not acknowledge takeover talk or give any hints about this.

I would like to think that AJ, Bain and WS have more integrity than that, if that scenario ever arose.

The way I read Bdts was: should a manuscript arise from NARSA which documents that AJ, Bain or anyone else connected to the club, had been giving out confidential information relating to the deal (or the possibility of a deal), it would be denied because it would probably be in breach of some stock market rules.