Rangers FC no longer for sale

The way I read Bdts was: should a manuscript arise from NARSA which documents that AJ, Bain or anyone else connected to the club, had been giving out confidential information relating to the deal (or the possibility of a deal), it would be denied because it would probably be in breach of some stock market rules.

You may be correct or you may not be, but it does not tally with..."Also, for the record, AJ was asked at the NARSA Q & A today over there about the Ellis deal......

He seemed quite positive about it and said 'I need to be careful what I say due to stock market regulations but it's definitely not dead'

SDM also constantly referred to as 'Murray'. Stated he was warned he'd be yellow carded as chairman if he blabbed about the Ellis deal but I think it was half jokingly.

It was said AJ had been threatened with a SE warning...."The Chairman spent time at length articulating the strictness of Stock Exchange regulations. His recent press comments had led to being threatened by a Stock Exchange yellow card,"

But as we can see he had already commented on the Ellis involvement, so what to gain by denying or refusing to comment after the event.

The facts are simple, the club is allegedly up for sale, there is allegedly a buyer, so why all the cloak and dagger that would do credit to Conan Doyle, that has turned a business deal into a fiasco.

Manuscript .... strange choice of word. Anyhoo, there still seems to be quite a lot of fretful canundering about what might or might not be going on in the Las Vegas shadows. Surely the 10 days, 48 hours, some Monday in Julember, or whatever has come and gone now. Surely anything that now happens is outwith the predictions/information previously offered by those bone tossers on the fringes of the inner temple. Surely no amount of qualification can drag events back into the magic sphere of attribution. Surely it was all just posturing by the holiest of Wullies after all.

From being slightly tempted, I've somehow managed to recover composure and return to doubt... Ellis is a front for at least two others ... aye and one of them is probably Murray.

Completely agree. We need to get beyond the cult of personality that Murray promoted and look at the plan any new owner brings with him... and if he doesn't lay one on the table, I'd suggest we have made no progress whatsoever. It's not a change of face we need so much as a change of style to one of openness and honesty.

Wishful thinking MF...

i took the statement to mean ; dont ask any questions as we dont have/dont want to answers them. just buy your season books and shut it.

They haver a bloody cheek telling us to be patient.

Meh, I'm sick of waiting on news to be honest. If Ellis and his backers wanted to buy the club and had the money to do so, they'd be the owners of RFC plc weeks ago.

'There's a lot of things to iron out' - aye righty ho.

Meh, I'm sick of waiting on news to be honest. If Ellis and his backers wanted to buy the club and had the money to do so, they'd be the owners of RFC plc weeks ago.

'There's a lot of things to iron out' - aye righty ho.

Since there's nothing else to do but speculate, can we read anything into this quote? If Ellis is offering a straight cash for equity deal; and Murray's entire holding (both MSL and MIH) were being bought, you would imagine this would be simple deal to make - or at least a deal which has less detail to iron out. However, should Murray be retaining an interest I can see why this would be altogether trickier.

Since there's nothing else to do but speculate, can we read anything into this quote?

Fire in, but my keyboard made the quote up... pesky keyboard! :devil: