Rangers- Falkirk

thought Fergie made a big difference in the 2nd half with his probing ball, sublime pass to Boyd for the pen.

I lost a lot of the second half as my wife and mother came home. Bloody woman yapping. Just heard the goals really,couldn't follow the play.:(

The team played really well today and Baz did make a difference when he came on. Clement was given MoM I have to say I don't see how. He played well, but for me Barry should come back into replace him to play beside Hemdani - a bit controversial I know, but I rate Hemdani higher than Clement (just my opinion).

We started so slowly today. Seemed right off the pace. Frown

However, we still managed to get an early goal through Bardsley's excellent strike. After that we grew in confidence and strength and started to play some nice football. Clement, Burke and Hemdani all came into the game and it was a great run and cross from the latter that set up an easy finish for Prso.

The 2nd half we again started slowly but a great pass from the returning Ferguson resulted in a clear cut penalty and red card no more action from the ref. Fine finish from what was a subdued Boyd.

4th goal was the pick of the bunch. A smashing run from Buffel and an explosive finish from a guy who couldn't score in a brothel in the early games. After that both Sebo (deployed wide right again) and Boyd wasted good opportunities to score more.

Man of the match was Bardsley who really was solid at the back. Thought big Svensson played very well and he made 2 crucial tackles in the 2nd half - still needs to improve in the air though. Midfield were strong as usual and Prso had a superb shift up front once more.

It really is exciting to have so many options and if he can improve in the air at the back then we'll be very hard to beat this season. Some of our football is superb at times but we can fall out of games and/or lack urgency as well which needs to be sorted. However, having so many younger players means inconsistency is likely so it will be good to bring in experienced players if required.

A tough month ahead but off to a solid start and it really is like night and day from last season's awful fare.

(PS: Visit the new wee Rangers club if you get a chance. Mo Ross and his business partner Victor have done a great job of doing the place up and it was a good laugh for a few hours before the game.)

(PPS: Bill Struth = legend!)

Buffel did score a cracker and i don't want to take anything away from our performance today but scoring at 2 or 3 -nil is easy. Getting one chance in a game and taking it is what makes a team champions.