Jelavic Signs but unavailable for Sunday

Thanks for that. I thought they were already members, everyone else seems to be. Presume he has enough international caps etc to make a work permit a formality?

Croatia are official candidates to join The EU. So are Turkey and Macedonia.

NIKICA JELAVIC finally became a Rangers player after nearly a month of agony and insisted that he wants to follow in the footsteps of Dado Prso.

The powerful Croatian ended up falling out with his former club Rapid Vienna as the proposed transfer dragged on and on.

But the �£4million deal has now gone through, he has signed for four years and he can't wait to get started.

Jelavic said: "I know Dado was a huge favourite of the Rangers fans and if I come even close to him then it will be good.

"I want to try to copy what Dado Prso achieved here.

"I spoke to Dado and he told me 'Look if you have a chance to go to Rangers it is something unbelievable and you must go'

"I am glad this whole saga with me, Rapid and Rangers is over and I have signed a four-year contract.

"Lots of things have happened in the last month or so regarding this transfer but I don't want to think about that now. I only want to concentrate on my future with Rangers."

The transfer seemed to be on one moment and then off the next and matters came to a head yesterday when Jelavic did not play in Rapid's Europa League mach with Aston Villa and the Austrians made some harsh statements about him.

He said: "It was a difficult situation in the build-up to the Aston Villa game. They said some things that were not true but I don't really want to discuss it. For me it is behind me.

"I had too much stress in my head but now it's over and I can be totally focused on Rangers.

"I want to win trophies with Rangers, play well in the Champions League and score many goals for this club.

"I now need to wait for the work permit but I hope it comes soon because I can't wait to play my first match."

Jelavic has already made himself popular with the Rangers fans after scoring against Celtic last season

He said: "I scored three times against Celtic but I had no idea then that I would come to Rangers. But it was something great to score at Parkhead and then score twice back in Vienna.

"I know the rivalry and I know that Rangers have won the title more than they have."

Looks like Dado taught our new man well :D

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Mr. Wabash, before I forget, your guarantee that should we sign Jel it would be in a years time and from Everton.. What ever happened to that? :D

And yes, I do do Irony. With a capital 'I' at that! :fish: