Jelavic Signs but unavailable for Sunday

I think it was only �£750K for Beattie which is a more acceptable sum and decent business for an experienced impact poacher...

Really ? At 750k I take it back then. 750k isnt that much for someone who CAN score and has done in the EPL. Wages ?

Word from Rangers

THE INCREDIBLE Nikica Jelavic transfer saga is set for a happy ending tomorrow with the Croatian striker poised to become Walter Smith's third summer signing.

Jelavic will arrive at Murray Park for a medical and to conclude personal terms after Rangers finally reached agreement with Rapid Vienna today.

The deal has swung one way then the other in the past couple of weeks with Rangers thinking they had an agreement in place only for the situation to change.

However, the 24-year-old hitman is now on his way after forcing the issue with the Austrian side and all things being equal will beocme a Rangers player tomorrow.

Chief Executive Martin Bain told rangers.co.uk: "We have agreed a fee with Rapid for Nikica Jelavic and we have also agreed personal terms in principle.

"He will arrive tomorrow when we will hope to complete these and when he will also undergo a medical."

Jelavic's arrival will add to the loan capture of exciting Slovakian winger Vladimir Weiss earlier today and the signing of experienced English striker James Beattie six days ago.

He was due to play to Rapid tonight against Aston Villa in the play-off round of the Europa League but was left out of the side.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100819/jelavic-on-his-way_2254024_2128191

Delighted that this is over, however still worried about his medical could hit a snag or 2 ... :P

Anyway, hope he hits the ground running. This is the type of signing I wanted, also pleased about Weiss. Been a good day for me today and many fellow bears.

Bring on the title :D.