Jelavic Signs but unavailable for Sunday

What A ludicrious thing to say we have been after him for weeks, yet they see no point in replacing him? Rapid are becoming even more pathetic, although I did hear that reason yesterday and thought the same as what I am posting now.

If he actually does join us, there is going to be absolutely massive pressure on him to produce the goods straight away. Can you imagine if after a 6 week saga and an eventual �£4 million transfer, he was to fail to score in his first 2 or 3 games? I hope the boy is as good as this saga demands he be

I hope he does otherwise it would not look good on most parties of this transfer.

If he actually does join us, there is going to be absolutely massive pressure on him to produce the goods straight away. Can you imagine if after a 6 week saga and an eventual �£4 million transfer, he was to fail to score in his first 2 or 3 games? I hope the boy is as good as this saga demands he be

He could always make up for it by creating and assisting 10 goals or so :)

Doubt that apparently villa have about 5 first team regulars missing and have taken some youth with them for the game :(

That's how our squad will look every week these days and we're still expected to win! :D

I think they see the number of games they would need to play as a hindrance to reaching the top 4 and all the champions league money. For a team like Fulham, who don't really have that aspiration, it's not such an issue hence they did so well.

Just sounds like they know how desperate they are and are playing hard ball on the off chance that Jelavic can help them into the Europa group stage - meaning a further financial bonus. It's a gamble and bluff for them but it's rumbled on so much that they can't see us pulling out. If we do because they win, then they will be compensated by the Europa games and still be able to sell him in January, while having him to help them in their European and domestic campaigns. If they lose to Villa, it's likely that we'll definitely buy him so no loss for them there.

Looking it like that, it's a reasonable gamble for them and virtually a no lose situation.

Apparently Rapid have announced a press conference for 12.15pm our time...

One press source says it is because Jelavic is refusing to play tonight against Villa.

Edited by Frankie