Jelavic Signs but unavailable for Sunday

Guest Flying Hippo

I'm very concerned that the possible signing of Jelavic will mean the end for Miller, which is why there's a real part of me hoping this deal doesn't actually materialise

I'm very concerned that the possible signing of Jelavic will mean the end for Miller, which is why there's a real part of me hoping this deal doesn't actually materialise

I sincerely hope it does. Miller has had ongoing injury niggles that frequently leave him out or playing, but not at his best. He also turns 31 years old in December, whereas Jelavic is a striking talent we can potentially use to our benefit for several seasons. He's also got proven goalscoring ability in European club comps which Kenny doesn't.

Guest Flying Hippo

I sincerely hope it does. Miller has had ongoing injury niggles that frequently leave him out or playing, but not at his best. He also turns 31 years old in December, whereas Jelavic is a striking talent we can potentially use to our benefit for several seasons. He's also got proven goalscoring ability in European club comps which Kenny doesn't.

Nobody really knows anything about Jelavic so to make judgements about him being a better bet than Miller is incredibly premature. Miller has 4 goals in the Champions League to his name whereas Jelavic is only proven in the Europa League i believe.

Edited by Flying Hippo

Nobody really knows anything about Jelavic so to make judgements about him being better than Miller is incredibly premature. Miller has 4 goals in the Champions League to his name whereas Jelavic is only proven in the Europa League i believe.

All I'm saying is that KM has injury niggles and turns 31 in a few months. Jelavic is more youthful & if he's signed and he settles in well, will hopefully be here scoring goals after Miller has left.