Jelavic Signs but unavailable for Sunday

I have watched Lafferty play up front on his own for NI and there is no doubt he can play that way , he single handedly destroyed a very good polish team , just because we play several players out of position doesn't make them bad players , but it doesn't help .

I never said that though did I.

In fact I've said a few times I think Lafferty may well be sold if we sign Jelavic.

:)

No you said coyle said he could play anywhere up front, obviously Wattie thinks so too,... that is why he is chasing (allegedly), and has signed recognised strikers.

Rangers boss Walter Smith’s persistence has paid off as Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic inks a deal at Ibrox.

The Gers had been locked in talks with Rapid Vienna over the Croatia international and lodged an improved bid but the club were initially reluctant to sell their star player.

Chief executive Martin Bain flew back to Glasgow last week empty handed and some feared the deal was dead, but it now appears Jelavic has got his wish to step up a level with the Scottish Premier League Champions.

"The Scottish league is stronger than the Austrian league and Rangers are a great club," said Jelavic in the Daily Record recently.

Smith will be pleased to have added another striker to the squad as competition for James Beattie who only joined Rangers from Stoke City last week.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/exclusive-ranger-sign-croatian-international-jelavic-1049281

I will see your tribal football and raise you a bbc... Page last updated at 16:36 GMT, Monday, 16 August 2010 17:36 UK

Rangers fail in bid for Rapid striker Nikica Jelavic

News conference - Rangers manager Walter Smith

Rangers have failed in their bid to sign Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic after talks ended.

Chief executive Martin Bain met Rapid last week to sign the Croatian international, but no deal was reached.

Sporting director Alfred Hortnagl told BBC Scotland: "He will be staying with Rapid Vienna ahead of our two important Europa League ties against Aston Villa.

"We do not have time to bring in a new player before the matches, so Jelavic won't be leaving the club."

The 24-year-old Bosnian-born player was viewed as a replacement for Kris Boyd, whom Rangers sold to Middlesbrough.

Last season Jelavic scored 21 times, including three goals against Celtic in the Europa League.

Rapid face English Premier League side Aston Villa on Thursday in the play-off round for this season's tournament.

The ties are scheduled for 19 and 26 August, which would have left the Austrian side only a few days before the transfer window closes to seek a replacement striker.

Jelavic has been with Rapid Vienna for two seasons, having joined them from Belgian club Zulte Waregem.