Jelavic Signs but unavailable for Sunday

This is ridiculous. He's basically signed up and the numpties at Rapid expect him to play for them in a game that will rule him out of CL football at his new club? Disgusting behaviour on their part. If a player wants away you let them go, you'll get no more out of them. Surely this is a fairly basic idea to grasp?

Rapid are a joke to try and deal with moving certain areas to suit themselves and delays after delays. A transfer is a transfer you agee a fee you let the player go ffs. As sort of what Frankie says wake me up when this deal is over rather than the window.

@Pete I'm not sure that would be best idea he could end up doing to us at some point. Hatem Ben Arfa has done it and I can't see him going to Newcastle.

i hate it when modals are ellipted. "Martin Bain expects Jelavic will be in Glasgow" versus "Martin Bain expects Jelavic may be in Glasgow" versus "Martin Bain expects Jelavic to be allowed to be in Glasgow". should probably just click the link.

Rapid are a joke to try and deal with moving certain areas to suit themselves and delays after delays. A transfer is a transfer you agee a fee you let the player go ffs. As sort of what Frankie says wake me up when this deal is over rather than the window.

@Pete I'm not sure that would be best idea he could end up doing to us at some point. Hatem Ben Arfa has done it and I can't see him going to Newcastle.

Rapid gave Rangers permission to talk to the player. They agreed a fee. Jelavic sorted his problems with Rapid. Then Rapid move the goals, I wouldn't blame the player for taking a sicky as the club are being unreasonable.

Rapid gave Rangers permission to talk to the player. They agreed a fee. Jelavic sorted his problems with Rapid. Then Rapid move the goals, I wouldn't blame the player for taking a sicky as the club are being unreasonable.

Yeah, he could just do that but then Rapid would be even more akward and withdraw from the deal with us. So many situations that can happen but I'm hoping one way or another we find out soon.

i hate it when modals are ellipted. "Martin Bain expects Jelavic will be in Glasgow" versus "Martin Bain expects Jelavic may be in Glasgow" versus "Martin Bain expects Jelavic to be allowed to be in Glasgow". should probably just click the link.

Sloppy journalese mate. I loathe those cliches like the one this morning talking about McGeady -he has 'lifted the lid' on his time in Glasgow. What lid would that be? The one covering the dustbin he crawled under?

Sloppy journalese mate. I loathe those cliches like the one this morning talking about McGeady -he has 'lifted the lid' on his time in Glasgow. What lid would that be? The one covering the dustbin he crawled under?

I'm particularly sensitive to it just now man. I've been awake since Friday, with 2-3 hours sleep most, doing critical systemic functional analysis on two newspaper articles on a set of crime statistics. Finished at 6am this morning, such a good feeling but feel currently quite mentally disbalanced. They're madly sneaky with language, those journos. Takes 20 pages of analysis to work out all the ways in which they're subtly at it. It's not just absently sloppy, it's purposefully and systematically sloppy to their own evil ends.