Jelavic Signs but unavailable for Sunday

Guest Flying Hippo

All I'm saying is that KM has injury niggles and turns 31 in a few months. Jelavic is more youthful & if he's signed and he settles in well, will hopefully be here scoring goals after Miller has left.

I'm concerned about the prospect of 'pensioning off' Miller (even though he'll be sold to a much better league) and replacing him with the unknown. Although a few folk have said they think Jelavic signing will mean Lafferty sold, i doubt there'd be any real interest in Lafferty and personally i don't think we'd be signing Beattie and Jelavic if we also planned to extend Miller's contract. I also can't see any of those 3 being happy to spend copious amounts of time on the bench

At this moment in time, i'd rather extend Miller's contract by 2 years and concentrate on what we know, than spend 5 million euro's on someone we know very little about

Edited by Flying Hippo

I'm concerned about the prospect of 'pensioning off' Miller (even though he'll be sold to a much better league) and replacing him with the unknown. Although a few folk have said they think Jelavic signing will mean Lafferty sold, i doubt there'd be any real interest in Lafferty and personally i don't think we'd be signing Beattie and Jelavic if we also planned to extend Miller's contract. I also can't see any of those 3 being happy to spend copious amounts of time on the bench

At this moment in time, i'd rather extend Miller's contract by 2 years and concentrate on what we know, than spend 5 million euro's on someone we know very little about

Hey we're all entitled to our opinions! ;)

Personally, I'll be delighted if we sign a Croatian international striker and although Miller has served us well since his return, his age and injury niggles mean that his Rangers career ending is inevitable. I want to see us progress & changes in the squad will be & should be part of that progress. The idea of signing up Miller until he's almost hitting 34 years of age does not appeal to me one iota.

Guest Flying Hippo

Hey we're all entitled to our opinions! ;)

Personally, I'll be delighted if we sign a Croatian international striker and although Miller has served us well since his return, his age and injury niggles mean that his Rangers career ending is inevitable. I want to see us progress & changes in the squad will be & should be part of that progress. The idea of signing up Miller until he's almost hitting 34 years of age does not appeal to me one iota.

Beattie and McCulloch are signed up til they're 35 so i would have no problem with 30 year old Miller signing up again

I don't think this signing would have any impact on Miller's future. We need more depth, period. Doesn't have to come at the cost of one player or another.

Bench on Saturday was one striker, one keeper, and a bunch of kids.

Guest Flying Hippo
I don't think this signing would have any impact on Miller's future. We need more depth, period. Doesn't have to come at the cost of one player or another.

Bench on Saturday was one striker, one keeper, and a bunch of kids.

Still can't see how you could leave out Beattie, Jelavic or Miller for a prolonged period of time and expect them to accept it

Irony at its best.

Guest Flying Hippo

I did understand your post about not wanting to replace guaranteed goals from Boyd with an unknown quantity. I just didn't agree with it as i think it's highly improbable that Jelavic is a worse footballer than Boyd (my opinion, based on lack of belief in Boyd). But considering how little i know about him, i'm not yet comfortable with the idea of him replacing Miller (who i rate incredibly highly)

I know very little about Kyle Hutton either but i'll hazard a guess that he's not better than Lionel Messi but is better than me

Edited by Flying Hippo

Still can't see how you could leave out Beattie, Jelavic or Miller for a prolonged period of time and expect them to accept it

Football doesn't work that way. One will get injured, or suspended, and squad rotation will always happen.

E=Gers4Life;214513]Jelavic has still yet to be signed and the longer it drags on the more depressed i get ffs, thats the manky mob brought in player number 9???? ffs rangers sign someone please :(

quality not quantity , we need level heads and strong hearts , and hwen that fails there's always the drink :giruy: