Weiss officially signs - one year loan

Absolutely cracking news! We're doing well when we can get a talented young player in for a year loan who we wouldn't be able to afford to buy. This kid is probably worth about 10 million or something in that region. If he's as good as I think he is then Walter will definately give him plenty chances. His command of the English language shouldn't be a problem either with him having lived in Manchester for as long.

Delighted about this... :spl:

Guest Flying Hippo
His command of the English language shouldn't be a problem either with him having lived in Manchester for as long.

Murray Park will indeed be awash with 'ahrite our kid' for the next 12 months

SLOVAKIAN star Vladimir Weiss has revealed he turned down Celtic, Stuttgart and Sampdoria because he wants to win the title with Rangers and play in the Champions League.

TVladimir Weiss at Murray Parkhe exciting 20-year-old winger, who played at this summer's World Cup Finals, has joined on a season-long loan from Manchester City and could face Hibs at Easter Road on Sunday.

And he told RangersTV that there were too many good reasons to choose Rangers over the suitors.

Speaking exclusively today he said: "As soon as I got this offer I was really interested. I had a few offers including from Italy and Germany and then the offer from Rangers came and to play for a big team like this will be a pleasure for me.

"I aim to do my best and hopefully we will have a good season.

"Celtic came in for me first but then Rangers came in and when I looked through all of the offers that I had I picked Rangers.

"The fact that Rangers are in the Champions League was obviously a big incentive for me. Every player wants to play in the Champions League so it's a great opportunity for me.

"I hope we get an interesting group and that we do really well.

"Of course I played against Rangers last season when Man City came to Ibrox for a pre-season friendly and I really enjoyed that.

"It was almost a full house that night and it's a great stadium to play in. The fans are incredible which is another reason why I chose Rangers.

"The year before that I played at Murray Park in a reserve game so I knew about the great facilities that Rangers have."

Title I get, but Sampdoria are in the CL too. Still, not complaining one bit.

Guest Northampton_loyalist

Hands up, I dont know a great deal abput the lad, but it all looks good :D

One thing to note is that citeh would had a few suitors and would have decided who they wanted him to go to and given him the option of a few teams. that means we convinced citeh that we were a good option to continue the guy's development. i would imagine that includes guarantees of numbers of games he will play in, champions league experience and that kind of thing. I think he will feature plenty for us based on that alone.

Title I get, but Sampdoria are in the CL too. Still, not complaining one bit.

Sampdoria are still in by the skin of their teeth, managed to get a last minute goal against Werder Bremen otherwise they would have a mountain to climb.

However back to Weiss, pleased that he signed for us. I can see him being used in the left wing position personaly, don't have any problem with that. I do worry that he may be benched for long periods like Aaron but hopefully not.