A Weiss choice?

• 4 weeks later...
Thats a great goal. First touch was world class,to do kill that ball on the run and then get in between 2 defenders and finish. Sure we'll be seeing that.

Not today we didn't. And not for some matches we haven't.

I don't like the idea of scapegoating players, but I am of the firm conviction that Weiss has been going downhill since his debut. Today he was awful again.

I don't know if the SPL just doesn't suit him, but he's like a total sand dancer who goes nowhere and invariably loses the ball.

I know I'll get shot down in flames for this but he's just not doing it for us.

Its hard league to cope with if you aren't built like a brick, otherwise you getting kicked to hell but St Mirren thugs and likes who have no ability. He was poor today though, just seems to be better at home probably, but we rarely play him at home for some reason.

Its hard league to cope with if you aren't built like a brick, otherwise you getting kicked to hell but St Mirren thugs and likes who have no ability. He was poor today though, just seems to be better at home probably, but we rarely play him at home for some reason.

Sounds like Robinho at City. Didn't really do it away from home but at the CoM stadium he was sensational.

It's not the first time we've had a player on loan from an English side who has impressed at first then drifted away. He does appear the real deal though going by his track record. He could do with developing more strength

His decision-making and final ball are awful.

Add in the fact he slows the game to a stop to take a surplus of touches, then it's no wonder he can't get past defenders who can get back in numbers while he sand dances.

Must do better.

I feel sorry for him, he is punted out on the left which means he always has to cut inside. Play him on the right and let him get to the bye line

That's a fair point but doesn't explain the other less than impressive parts of his game.

Wingers often have a poor final ball, but what they do contribute is hard to quantify. Weiss has had a lot of excellent games, and his willingness to run at defenders gives us the impetus in a way that's hard to measure in terms of assists and such things. He'd be in my starting 11 every week.