Celtic 1 - 3 Rangers - Celtic shat their pants

From the fishul site.....

RANGERS crocks Lee McCulloch and Kirk Broadfoot have been given the green light to return to action in Sunday's nine-in-a-row derby.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith left both men out of his squad for Wednesday night's Champions League clash with Valencia but has been told by the club's medics that the Scotland duo will be fit for the first Old Firm clash of the season.

Smith has also dismissed concerns that keeper Allan McGregor - who has been struggling with a thigh strain - might be a doubt for the Parkhead crunch.

The Rangers boss said: "I think Broadfoot and McCulloch will be okay for the weekend. I just didn't want to take a chance with them against Valencia and maybe put them back three or four weeks.

"I think the extra couple of days will mean that they are available for Parkhead.

"As for Allan, I believe he's okay and we expect him to be fine for Sunday."

Broadfoot will probably come in for Foster but I'm struggling to think who Jog would replace. Weiss?

If McCulloch comes in it'll be to replace Edu IMO.

Maybe McCulloch will go into the back 3 and push Papac out to the left which means Whittaker reverts back to his natural RB position? If WS drops Edu after his performance on Wednesday I'd be shocked.

Saying that, it would be tough on Ricardo Fosterio if he's dropped.

Maybe McCulloch will go into the back 3 and push Papac out to the left which means Whittaker reverts back to his natural RB position? If WS drops Edu after his performance on Wednesday I'd be shocked.

Saying that, it would be tough on Ricardo Fosterio if he's dropped.

Much as Edu played very well, his continuing propensity to dawdle on the ball in possession could prove very costly in the break-neck pace of an Old Firm game. Could see him continually getting his pocket picked. Will need to show more urgency on Sunday.

Edited by Super_Ally

Much as Edu played very well, he's continuing propensity to dawdle on the ball in possession could prove very costly in the break-neck pace of an Old Firm game. Could see him continually getting his pocked picked. Will need to show more urgency on Sunday.

I agree. He let the ball run past him a few times against Valencia too.. times when he could easily have intercepted it IMO. Not picking on the guy, but he does need to sharpen up a bit.

I agree. He let the ball run past him a few times against Valencia too.. times when he could easily have intercepted it IMO. Not picking on the guy, but he does need to sharpen up a bit.

I know what you're saying. However, I feel his confidence will be sky high after his goal and general all round performance against Valencia. His form has been strange this season, amazing performance in the CL and average ones in the SPL.

The only thing we can do that IMO would give the bheasts a chance would be to go with the 5 man defence and give them a lot of possession.

I fully agree with that, and having just Miller isolated upfront takes him out of the play which shouldnt happen when he is playing so well.

I dont think there is anything to fear from them at all and if WS sets us out with a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 and says to play quick and fast then we could rip them apart IMO, they would resort to kicking us off the park.

Like you said your confident as you have been for an OF game away in ages....I am also. Man for man we are better all over the park. Even McGregor is capable of being a match winner for us so long as we score. I can see us winning 2-0 going on 5.

For some reason due to the 100% records, this game reminds me of a match back in the 90s. Marco Negri had scored against every other SPL club bar Celtic as he hadnt played against them due to the Princess Diana death, so the OF game was rescheduled...come Nov in the rescheduled match (hope you werent charged 12 quid BTW ;) ) and Negri smashed one in from the edge of the box continuing his 100% record of scoring against everyone.....I can see a repeat but it will the Rangers continuing the 100% run.