Celtic 1 - 3 Rangers - Celtic shat their pants

I think both are comfortable in their own box. When we get forward we dont have enough support. Lafferty in the middle would make a difference.

McCulloch has to be careful, he has had a yellow and a warning so perhaps take him off soon.

Glad we got that, didn't know where it was going to come from. Lafferty has to stay through the middle, on the left he's constantly abysmal.

And we have to get McCulloch off, he's a red waiting to happen.

PS - The diving on show today has been ridiculous, they constantly hit the deck. Samaras should have been sent off

Edited by Totti

This is a really, really poor Celtic side, i can't believe they've been unbeaten in the league so far. I hope the penalty doesn't overshadow just how bad Celtic have been. They boy Ki keeps getting caught in possession time after time and there's a few of their player who have been making little niggle challenges off the ball from the start. Very strange game.

We really dodged a bullet with Samaras and Loovens who we were apparently interested in. I wouldn't take a single one of their players for our squad.

Edited by ascender

This is a really, really poor Celtic side, i can't believe they've been unbeaten in the league so far. I hope the penalty doesn't overshadow just how bad Celtic have been. They boy Ki keeps getting caught in possession time after time and there's a few of their player who have been making little niggle challenges off the ball from the start. Very strange game.

We really dodged a bullet with Samaras and Loovens who we were apparently interested in. I wouldn't take a single one of their players for our squad.

Of course it will its the tim way, we dodged a bullet with Loovens awful player and a Miller double again in a old firm game :D :spl:.

Easy easy easy.

Total different 2nd half. Dont know why WS gave them so much respect in the first place, we are man for man better. The 2nd half was a stroll.

Should have been 5-1. Lafferty needed to show a bit more composure.

Miller's volley was stunning!

Absolute stonewall penalty BTW :giruy:

I'm quick to slate refs so I have to say overall Collum did very well.

Couple of incidents good and bad though.

He started very well not allowing Stokes (more on him later) away with a shocker just because it was the first 5 mins. Why though did he have to "even it up" by booking McCulloch for a perfectly legal tackle. To further compound that mistake though, he never booked Samaras at about 18/19 mins for a similar tackle to McCulloch's, the difference being McCulloch played the ball and the Greek just went through the man?

2) When Ki I think got booked I was glad Collum never did the usual even it up trick you get with any handbags or flash incident by also booking the victim. So often when players come face to face after a bad challenge both the perpetrator and the victim get booked by the ref in some inexplicable way of keeping it even and not upsetting anyone. However i'm not sure how giving someone a deserved booking and then giving the same punishment to an innocent party is fair. Pet hate of mine and I'm glad Collum didn't fall into that trap.

3) Collum was nigh on excellent up until the 87th minute when Samaras should have walked (bearing in mind he should already have been on a yellow) when he came through the back of Naismith with no intention to play the ball.

4) Ki in particular had a fancy for pulling his own legs from under himself when anyone was behind him. There is a difference between someone coming through the back of you and someone feeling a little pressure and taking a dive.

Aside from the ref and onto Stokes.

Always thought he was a decent player at Hibs, but turns out he was like Aberdeen or the tims who aren't good enough to play for them in Grady etc. He just played his heart out against and for Celtic it's been shown he isn't that good. Just a dirty rat kicking everything that moves. His use of the ball was often shocking today and added little but fouls.

What bodes well for the season ahead is that we beat them comfortably in their midden without being excellent. We were just fairly decent imo. If we really hit form against them and the rest there can only be one outcome. :rfc: :spl: