If true, why wait until the end of the transfer window to offer cash - why not give PLG the money and players ne needed / identified when we had the chance (pre-world cup)?

Another master-stroke from The Mint - 'Here Martin, I have a cunning plan - lets not buy the players PLG has identified now, lets wait until 20 minutes before the window closes and we'll get them on the cheap'...

Cammy F

Whether it was the last week of the transfer window or not I dont know. One of the pundits was saying that this is what Yves Colleu told him when he met him at a game. Take from that what you will although it seems to me that the Mint is backing his manager by saying if you want more money you can have it. Typically the end of the window is the most active time so for me, this is exactly the time you would want your Chairman backing the manager.

Typically the end of the window is the most active time so for me, this is exactly the time you would want your Chairman backing the manager.

Don't agree Stewarty, I think the exact time you want the Chairman backing the manager is at the START of the window so the manager knows exactly what he has to play with for the rest of the window.

If the manager thinks he is bargain basement hunting for 3.5 weeks and does so, picking up players but then in the last couple of days is told "here you go there's a couple of mill" it is too late IMO because some of the positions he would have wanted filled have already been filled with the bargains.

The BEST time for a manager to know what financial resources he has for transfers is at the START of the transfer window, not the end.

The problem is, a win on Saturday and the vast majority of the fans will be back in 'everything's rosey in the garden' camp.
It's amazing what flaws an OF victory can hide (ditto two last gasp SPL titles).

Funny how you think like that when it comes to Murray, Cammy, but when it comes down the list to AM and Fergie it was tremendous achievements

Even if we hammer them 8-0 on Saturday, we will still be facing the same problems as we are now - a chairman with no vision for the future, no youth development, no finance for new players, etc but, hey we fucked the tims........

Cammy F

I agree with you on our Youth developement,it is a shambles at the moment. Even our so much talked about under 19's got beat on monday?. Yes you guessed it by Hibs.:sigh:

F

Don't agree Stewarty, I think the exact time you want the Chairman backing the manager is at the START of the window so the manager knows exactly what he has to play with for the rest of the window.

If the manager thinks he is bargain basement hunting for 3.5 weeks and does so, picking up players but then in the last couple of days is told "here you go there's a couple of mill" it is too late IMO because some of the positions he would have wanted filled have already been filled with the bargains.

The BEST time for a manager to know what financial resources he has for transfers is at the START of the transfer window, not the end.

Fair point craig but taking what I've said in context, DM offered PLG more money at the end of the transfer window despite already having given him a few million to spend so thats what I mean about backing up your manager.

i think i must be the only one who thinks ks will come good.

No i think all the new players will improve. They are going through a complete culture change on and off the park. Remember Larssen was also crap for the first while. The tims were wondering why he had been signed. In saying that not all players can adapt to the British style of football. Svensson should be able to, being Swedish.

i think i must be the only one who thinks ks will come good.

He has to be given time. We also must remember he is only young and is still learning the game.

Don't forget out players that have taken time to settle and haven't set the world alight right away...McCoist, Hateley, Prso,even Hemdani is playing better this season

He has to be given time. We also must remember he is only young and is still learning the game.

Don't forget out players that have taken time to settle and haven't set the world alight right away...McCoist, Hateley, Prso,even Hemdani is playing better this season

I hear what you're saying bud but no matter which country you play your football and which country you've just began a new life in, you don't forget the basic skills of how to head a ball and how to kick a ball to your own players.

I hear what you're saying bud but no matter which country you play your football and which country you've just began a new life in, you don't forget the basic skills of how to head a ball and how to kick a ball to your own players.

Sorry Gaz don't agree with you there a player who is not sharp becomes unsure and that split second of doubt with a ball travelling at upto 80 or 90 mph can be the difference between hitting the goal or the corner flag. Confidence is one of the most important things in life for doing anything.