Apparently Murray offered money at the end of the transfer window for new players but Le Guen said the players he had were good enough. (as heard on Radio Scotland on Sunday)

If true, why wait until the end of the transfer window to offer cash - why not give PLG the money and players ne needed / identified when we had the chance (pre-world cup)?

Another master-stroke from The Mint - 'Here Martin, I have a cunning plan - lets not buy the players PLG has identified now, lets wait until 20 minutes before the window closes and we'll get them on the cheap'...

Cammy F

Apparently Murray offered money at the end of the transfer window for new players but Le Guen said the players he had were good enough. (as heard on Radio Scotland on Sunday)

Pretty much the same thing as he done with big eck then.

The quicker this tosser leaves our club the better as far as i'm concerned

ive seen enough this season to know that leguen has a hell of a lot of work to do cammy and even an 8-0 win against septic wont change my mind. The defence is an absolute shambles and untill leguen gets it sorted out we will continue to go backwards. Its pretty plain to see that svenson is just not playing well enough to merit a starting place and as for rodreigez i just dont rate him. I agree with gersferm over Hutton and have no fears with him in the team as i am with smith though he has been poor over the last two games. As for Mcgregor, i wasnt his biggest fan but his performances of late have shown him to be a better keeper than letizi. Martin after a promising start has been very poor and should be dropped to the bench. but these are the guys who get picked every week if they are fit and thats what is dragging us down. the likes of adam and hutton were putting in an honest shift this season and should be pissed off at not being in the team as their replacements have failed to deliver.

ive seen enough this season to know that leguen has a hell of a lot of work to do cammy and even an 8-0 win against septic wont change my mind. The defence is an absolute shambles and untill leguen gets it sorted out we will continue to go backwards. Its pretty plain to see that svenson is just not playing well enough to merit a starting place and as for rodreigez i just dont rate him. I agree with gersferm over Hutton and have no fears with him in the team as i am with smith though he has been poor over the last two games. As for Mcgregor, i wasnt his biggest fan but his performances of late have shown him to be a better keeper than letizi. Martin after a promising start has been very poor and should be dropped to the bench. but these are the guys who get picked every week if they are fit and thats what is dragging us down. the likes of adam and hutton were putting in an honest shift this season and should be pissed off at not being in the team as their replacements have failed to deliver.

Agreed with most of what you say, apart from Hutton - he is / was a promising player, but IMO and it is only that, he has gone backwards. The main problem for me is that he is inclined to come in too narrow and leaves the flank exposed. Also, he gives away stupid free-kicks in dangerous areas.

Maybe it is just me, but the Zenit game demonstrated that the players we have in reserve just aren't good enough. That was their opportunity to show PLG what they are capable off and they failed to deliver.

I think the reverse of you, IMO PLG has changed the starting 11 to many times. IMO, he should chose his first choice 11 and stick with it.

Cammy F

Still, some are more happy lambasting AM than looking at the real problems our new manager and club face. Someone said that Rangers were like different cars who keep damaging the gear box - I know, but bare with me. If you had 4 different cars and the gears packed in on all 4, would you blame the cars or would you blame the driver (or the person servicing the car)?

Cammy F

Excellent point Cammy. For proof of this, just look at some of the problems we've had on the pitch this season already. These exact same problems were there last season too.

PLG is no miracle worker and needs to be given time. Most of us said we'd be happy to write this season off if we showed progress, built for the future etc. But already the knives are out.

I thought this thread was about Karl Svensson? It's been turned into another go at Murray?

I thought Svensson played better on Sunday, but he was posted missing at the 2nd goal. Time is not a thing you get at a club like Rangers. It didn't help Svensson that JRod had his worst game in a Rangers jersey for a long time beside him. Anytime we get beat we tend to pick on individuals(see Hutton for example) and heap all blame onto them. The WHOLE team were poor on Sunday and that has got to be adressed before these next 2 away games

Svensson has been no better than average all season. He's had 1 average game and that's it. For a central defender not to be able to jump or head a fuckin' ball is a disgrace. Did he lose his jumping and heading suitcase at the airport when we signed him? :confused:

I thought this thread was about Karl Svensson? It's been turned into another go at Murray?

I thought Svensson played better on Sunday, but he was posted missing at the 2nd goal. Time is not a thing you get at a club like Rangers. It didn't help Svensson that JRod had his worst game in a Rangers jersey for a long time beside him. Anytime we get beat we tend to pick on individuals(see Hutton for example) and heap all blame onto them. The WHOLE team were poor on Sunday and that has got to be adressed before these next 2 away games

Spot on. In addition to a point about the knives being out. PLG himself has heavily criticised the team for the last three performances and one of those was a 4-0 win. Gutless was used to describe the teams performance against Hibs.

Le Gaffer isn't making any excuses and is demanding his team do a lot better.

Do we not have that right?