January 2011 Transfer Window - Healy, Diouf and Bartley IN

How about we just get linked with all SPL and EPL players as that only seems to be happening, obviously to late to go abroad but seems rather narrow minded when looking at players as these player now will be on huge wages and the farcical transfer fees going about makes it worse. McDonald's a bloody midfielder I don't think we need him.

Because we're backward thinking perhaps

Keep seeing rumours of Webster to Hearts.

2 points:

1) Why would we let our rival become stronger with him, I know JJ and Walter are friends but that isn't right

2) Why would Webster go to a team that he has taken to court and Romanov would not want him.

It also looks like he might go for a permanent move, according to STV.

No more business tonight folks

Glad we've supplemented the squad - not sure about the quality and long term nature of the signings.

I don't think there is any real long term nature of these signings. Diouf will go back, Bartley will go back and Healy might sign on for a season or 2. Beattie might come back.

I'm glad we've supplemented the squad and not commited to anything long term in short term signings (ie: Beattie). Diouf, I think, is a properly contentious signing. The guy's a bit of a scum bag but also an excellent footballer who's antagonistic enough to be useful. Even if we half invent a tradition of Rangers-class that encompasses both being pretty decent as a person and also talented as a footballer, Diouf really doesn't meet that. Spitting on a Celtic fan doesn't redeem the bad thing's he's done (muhaha), but we can't afford to be picky morally in times like these. Or maybe these are precisely the times we ought to be. Can't help think about MF's post about us laughing at Celtic's rushed and ill-thought out signings in attempt to compete back in the day and thinking it gives these signings a sense of ominous foreboding. That said, Diouf is of a quality we can't afford. If he wasn't such a dick we wouldn't have had a chance of signing him, and uncle Walt's got a decent record of getting the most out of people with a bad attitude. He'll certainly test Celtic's we're-no-racist-honestly claims.

STV Grant:

Diouf close, Hearts trying to get Webster on a permanenet deal, Bartley from Arsenal to Rangers looks promising, no new news from Kilmarnock or Celtic at the moment. Aberdeen say done for the day, St Johnstone have Novikovas on loan, nothing at St Mirren, nothing from Motherwell (yet).

I don't think there is any real long term nature of these signings. Diouf will go back, Bartley will go back and Healy might sign on for a season or 2. Beattie might come back.

We unfortunately have no money to sign players on long term contracts. The fact we seem to have gained 2 strikers and a defender is a major plus, regardless of the nature of the deals.