Do you remember how awful Boyd and Lafferty used to be when played together? When on earth has two big strikers ever worked?

Comparing Boyd & Lafferty to Jelavic & Lafferty makes ZERO sense to me. Just because all 3 are "big" doesnt make them the same type of player. Lafferty being the constant..... you are effectively comparing Jelavic to Boyd - Jelavic is a FAR more mobile player than Boyd, he brings other players into the game better, pulls defenders away better.

Just because Boyd & Lafferty didnt work doesnt mean that Jelavic & Lafferty cant.

That said, I have no problem in trying Jelavic with Naismith or Fleck or even Weiss. The only reason I suggested Lafferty is because he has played not too badly of late. Fleck may have looked decent last night when he came on but the last time I saw him, in his preferred position I might add of just behind the striker(s) against Aberdeen, he was nigh on invisible.

A decent cameo last night doesnt make him all of a sudden a "must-start".

I actually wouldnt mind is signing Foster on a permanent. I think he has shown some very decent football when standing on at both full back positions.

Webster last night looked terribly slow - I thought he looked every bit as slow as Weir - a pairing of those two wouldnt encourage me. Webster's distribution is much better than Weir's though. Would like to see a pacier CB alongside Bougherra. Perhaps match fitness, and sharpness, may assist but I doubt it.

Here we go again with the Velicka rather than Boyd rubbish. Velicka is 32 in a couple of months and has only made 6 appearances for Aberdeen this season. We've got Beattie who's 33 next month, so I don't think we need another thirty-something striker who's struggling with fitness. Gribz, you're a wind-up merchant!! :)

I suppose the main concern is that we have a bunch of unproven strikers now that Miller has gone.

Jelavic - Big prospect, looks talented, should be number one.

Lafferty - Looks better, but still some way off the finished article or even a half-decent one at times.

Naismith - Seems to be happy playing wider and has now found his feet and form there.

Beattie - Appears to have been a waste of money.

So much as I can see it as a backward step, I can kind of see the argument to bring someone like Boyd in if he's cheap enough as we need to win the SPL, its our bread and butter and that means beating all the teams in it, not just Celtic.

Craig also points out something in that striking partnerships are often down to how players work together, their understanding and often a successful one has two players whose styles are different and compliment each other. I still think that will be difficult to foster unless we get a settled strike pairing and give them a run in the team though.

Fukk me, another Kris Boyd thread, even with him gone we can't get rid of him.

It's actually 2 'Boyd on loan' threads merged into one. Gav started one with a rumour from the ever reliable press just over a week ago and another got started today, so they got merged... ;)

...Here's another rumour, anybody else heard this?

Riordan has signed a pre-contract agreement with 'Gers?

Surely not!

Has been doing the rounds lately but I sincerely doubt it.

If we were to sign him, then we'd do so now on the cheap.