In that case he's damned if he says something and damned if he says nothing? better saying something than allowing your opponent the floor to himself imo.

There is of course a third option .... he could say the right thing.

I have a lot of respect for Bain but it is a pathetic statement for a number of reasons:

1. If Rangers players were abused in the tunnel at the last match Rangers should have reported the incidents at the time.
  2. To suggest that in the white hot cauldron of as fast and furious an old firm derby as I have seen in a long time that the referee was somehow inlfuenced by comments made by Celtic some months ago shows no understanding whatsoever of what it takes to referee a match in that atmosphere.
  3. If Rangers feel that any of the red or yellow cards were not justified then they should appeal the decisions using due process. However they might want to reflect on the fact that whilst Whittaker's first yellow may not have been merited (and certainly worse challenges went unpunished throughout the game) and Bougherra's second was clearly wrong (so he would have a strong case) he should have been sent off for the challenge on Hooper and Whittaker's second also was close to a red card in it's own right.
  4. Rather than spill out the usual claptrap about what they are doing about fan's behaviour, Rangers should utterly condemn those fans guilty of destroying seats and in some cases taking pieces away for whatever purpose one shudders to think and say that in future the way to deal with this is to ensure that police and stewards are positioned IN the stands as supporters leave at the end of the match. They should also utterly condemn the ridiculous police tactics at Springfield Road/London Road which almost led to a pitched battle after the match.
  5. Instead of saying that Lennon now knows McCoist's views, Rangers should state that the conduct of Mr McCoist, however out of character and whatever was said is not acceptable and he should be disciplined accordingly. There is no point in condeming the actions of players or fans if the management team cannot give a proper lead. The sight of Walter Smith having to physically restrain Ally was as unedifying as it was worrying for the future.
  6. Rangers should state publicy that El Hadj Diouf was given an opportunity that many others would die for when no one else would take him and not only has he let us down badly but he has brought great discredit on our famous club and he should be sent back to Blackburn forthwith. Why Walter let him out for the second half when it was obvious that he was a disaster waiting to happen, is completely beyond me. (As I said to my friends at the time what was more likely: EHD making or scoring a goal or getting sent off, simple really.)

I don't mind losing, well I do mind losing rather a lot, but when we do I want everyone associated with the Club: players, management and fans to accept defeat in a proper manner. Only when we reach that standard can we criticise others.

What Bain should have said is that his player was racially abused by the Celtic manager? That's what underlies these events and it's the one thing that needed saying but which Bain has completely sidestepped. Had he come out and said this, the entire affair would have been turned inside out and the Holyrood mob would have run a mile from any formal hearing in case it forced a police investigation of the ginger twat.

BH,

Re point 3 - There is NO appeals process for player's who get sent off due to 2 yellow cards - appeals can only be made in the event of a straight red, if memory serves me right.

You may not like the actions of EHD but fuck me are we over-reacting to the boy because of his previous. At least he showed some passion, which cant be said about many of his peers. Maybe we should just search out players who will roll over and have their belly tickled when Celtic are soundly pumping them. At least EHD looks like he gives a shit.

Were you also calling for the head of Butcher, Woods, Hateley, Hurlock et al when they were sent off during an OF game ?

We really have become a doormat. There is little wrong with showing some passion. Sure, it may boil over but it shows a desire for the club.

I too prefer we have a level of dignity, but I wont get hot under the collar if some of our players and management show some passion for the fight.

The main thing wrong with Bain's statement is where he says verbal abuse, he should have told the truth and that it was racial abuse, a criminal offence these days. The scumbags who called our players monkeys and niggers should be criminally prosecuted, not censured by the SFA.

I have a lot of respect for Bain but it is a pathetic statement for a number of reasons:

If Rangers players were abused in the tunnel at the last match Rangers should have reported the incidents at the time.

Totally agree.

To suggest that in the white hot cauldron of as fast and furious an old firm derby as I have seen in a long time that the referee was somehow inlfuenced by comments made by Celtic some months ago shows no understanding whatsoever of what it takes to referee a match in that atmosphere.

I guess that you are in a better position to tell than most, but it's not just some comments. They got a ref effectively sacked for making a correct decision, there has been a consistent campaign of intimidation of refs, resulting in them and heir families being abused at homes. The SFA have met with Celtic and their supporters to discuss referees, and have backed down at every opportunity to support the refs against this campaign. regan is not known as Celtic's bitch for no reason. I don't believe that this campaign has not had an effect on refs.

If Rangers feel that any of the red or yellow cards were not justified then they should appeal the decisions using due process. However they might want to reflect on the fact that whilst Whittaker's first yellow may not have been merited (and certainly worse challenges went unpunished throughout the game) and Bougherra's second was clearly wrong (so he would have a strong case) he should have been sent off for the challenge on Hooper and Whittaker's second also was close to a red card in it's own right.

Rangers can't appeal yellow cards.

Instead of saying that Lennon now knows McCoist's views, Rangers should state that the conduct of Mr McCoist, however out of character and whatever was said is not acceptable and he should be disciplined accordingly. There is no point in condeming the actions of players or fans if the management team cannot give a proper lead. The sight of Walter Smith having to physically restrain Ally was as unedifying as it was worrying for the future.

Sorry but this is bullshit. Lennon tried to physically assult him and you are having a go at McCoist for reacting to that?

We should not be bowing down and allowing Celtic to ride roughshod over us by meekly suggesting the faults were on our side which will then then be jumped upon by the pro-Celtic press and it will allow celtic to get away scot-free. This has all developed because we have not been vocal enough in our own defence.

Rangers should state publicy that El Hadj Diouf was given an opportunity that many others would die for when no one else would take him and not only has he let us down badly but he has brought great discredit on our famous club and he should be sent back to Blackburn forthwith. Why Walter let him out for the second half when it was obvious that he was a disaster waiting to happen, is completely beyond me. (As I said to my friends at the time what was more likely: EHD making or scoring a goal or getting sent off, simple really.)

So EHD should be dismissed from the club after one game when he received severe and probably racist abuse, who gets constantly provoked and receives little protection from the refs. I guess you have some support for your views from Lennon and Nicholas, but I haven't seen anything from EHD that deserves anything like this. It's an extreme exageration of his behaviour that has intil now been limited to the tabloid press and Celtic fans. Let's not jump on the bandwagon when we should be supporting him as one of our players.

I don't mind losing, well I do mind losing rather a lot, but when we do I want everyone associated with the Club: players, management and fans to accept defeat in a proper manner. Only when we reach that standard can we criticise others.

You are criticising the club for standing up for itself and also saying that the club should be doing something about the abuse of its players. Seems a bit of a contradiction.

So you are saying that until our club are blameless in every aspect of a game that we can't criticise anyone else, even when their behaviour is far worse than our own? I can't agree with that.

The main thing wrong with Bain's statement is where he says verbal abuse, he should have told the truth and that it was racial abuse, a criminal offence these days. The scumbags who called our players monkeys and niggers should be criminally prosecuted, not censured by the SFA.

I really hope it wasn't racial abuse as I'll be disgusted if Rangers FC covered it up.