Lloyds Give Whyte Go Ahead

Just to be clear this isn't about having the funds to buy club per se but to show they have funds in place to deliver ongoing investment and 'new' money which was apparently agreed with SDM last month.

Why would he go through all the bother of doing all the work and as i have read, spent hundreds of thousands of pounds, to get as far as the due diligence then get embarrassed at the end up by not having the cash to do it? Something does not add up if that is the case.

Why would he go through all the bother of doing all the work and as i have read, spent hundreds of thousands of pounds, to get as far as the due diligence then get embarrassed at the end up by not having the cash to do it? Something does not add up if that is the case.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is confused if this is the case

Suggested to me today that he is a publicity seeker, who made some dosh on penny shares and is in over his head and now trying to blame all and sundry as the deal hits the rocks. That is why LBG sought to distance themselves by agreeing to accept �£4 + 1 Million on instalments.

Suggested to me today that he is a publicity seeker, who made some dosh on penny shares and is in over his head and now trying to blame all and sundry as the deal hits the rocks. That is why LBG sought to distance themselves by agreeing to accept �£4 + 1 Million on instalments.

Oh dear!!!,here we go,I so hope your info is wrong:sigh:

I thought in the past, SDM had ruled out selling the club to anyone who didn't have the best of intentions in mind and those who couldn't provide evidence that they had the funds & plans in place to back these intentions up? If there is serious doubt surrounding Whyte's credentials and financial backing, how on earth has it got this far and been strung out for so long?

If there's rumours that he's a chancer then there's no way guys in Ibrox and LBG won't have heard the same rumours and I'm assuming looked in to them?

You can't keep anything secret in Scottish football or business, let alone in a deal like this that's been going on for how many months now? Will be interesting to see what happens and what comes out in the wash because with the media interest in it over the last few days, if it collapses, there will be a lot of people demanding to know why.

Rumours now suggesting interim results will be delayed due to takeover saga. Perhaps tomorrow but next week also possible.

If true this means a penalty to pay for club but won't be hefty.

So there are two dooms day scenario's now.

1. The deal doesn't go through and we are back to square 1 with the bank pulling in more strings.

2. Whyte takes over and we are left with a Manu v Glazier scenario with the debt mounting again.

Lets hope that Whyte does have the cash to make the club healthy again but I am afraid there is too much smoke appearing for there to be no fire.