Rangers threw away title the day Kenny flew to Turkey

Jelavic might be a better player but he doesn't score as many goals as Miller. But the thing is we'd have played both of them anyway - Miller on for Lafferty. They could have had a pretty fruitful partnership as they already were looking good before Jelly's injury.

There's only a few games left and the title can still swing either way, so Hartson is talking mince. ICT away might turn out to be tough for them but so will the trip to Tynecastle. We're now in a position where we only need to win another 3 games, whereas they still need to go out and win 5 games. It's definitely not finished yet.

The simple truth is that Miller wanted more than Rangers could afford to pay him. And, despite views to the contrary, I believe him to be a bit of a mercenary anyway and when Bursaspor offered him that contract, he was off, irrespective of what Rangers could have offered. I further believe that if Rangers had 'broken the bank' for Miller, it would have created unnecessary divisions in the dressing room. Sure, we've missed his goals but I believe in the old adage, 'No man is bigger than the club'.

I didn't like that article at all the arrogance of the man. Letting Miller go was wrong but we are still in the race. He thinks we may drop points at home to Hearts, I know our home form is suspect but surely it will be drilled into our players heads to keep performing especially as its our managers last year.

The simple truth is that Miller wanted more than Rangers could afford to pay him. And, despite views to the contrary, I believe him to be a bit of a mercenary anyway and when Bursaspor offered him that contract, he was off, irrespective of what Rangers could have offered. I further believe that if Rangers had 'broken the bank' for Miller, it would have created unnecessary divisions in the dressing room. Sure, we've missed his goals but I believe in the old adage, 'No man is bigger than the club'.

Spot on and I'd add that if Miller cared about Rangers he'd still be here. He was earning more in a fortnight here than the average professional male in the UK makes in a whole year (average male UK salary is approx �£30k p/a). Even with the pay-cut he was asked to take to sign a new deal he would still have been earning a fortune, so he can GTF with his wads of cash. He'll be right at home in Turkey anyway, topping up his suntan every other day.

No, if we lose the title it's not down to Miller leaving at all, it's down to some of the piss poor performances from our team as a whole. The fact that we've leaked more goals this season than we did last season doesn't have anything to do with Miller and that's the main reason you lose games and drop points.

Still top scorers in the league this season Zappa, backing up your last point.

Yep. We've scored 77 goals to their 70, but we've leaked 28 to their 18. McGregor has had a VERY good season, so leaking that number of goals is mostly down to our defence and midfield. I actually think that Davie Weir has been caught out more times than McGregor has made a bad mistake, but we can't blame one individual and that's why I think this point about Kenny Miller is a load of bollox.

Say what you like about Hartson but he is BANG ON THE MONEY with that article. Celtic are very likely to win this league - and he is spot on when he says selling Miller was key - he is also spot on when he says that it was madness.

Craig,Fatson is only correct in on one point,we should never have sold Miller,other than that he is talking a load of shite,Rangers FC will win the league

Rangers did not NEED to sell Miller though. For all your posturing about Miller you fail to raise the one, single most pertinent fact - which is that he was still contracted to Rangers.

Sure, he was for the off. Sure, he is a mercenary (who wouldnt be for a 50k per week contract, lets try to be honest with ourselves here...). But the fact still remains that he was contracted to us till the end of the season and we didnt need to sell him.

Rangers sold him for a paltry figure - and had nothing more than a very short term view in mind. 400k vs the league title and CL possibility....

Disagree craig, it's all about opinions, Jelly is a much better player and brings more players into the game when he holds the ball up better than miller ever could and it's easy to say but I doubt he would've kept his scoring record going all through the season.

Fair enough johnny. But as I said, Jelavic and Miller would have been playing TOGETHER. So to compare the two of them in this instance is irrelevant. As cal later said it would likely have been Miller and Jelavic vs Jelavic and Lafferty. I would be very surprised to see many bears who would prefer the latter over the former.