Rangers threw away title the day Kenny flew to Turkey

I don't think he would have won it for us, but in certain games he would have possibly proved pivotal in getting more goals.

1 player doesn't win a title. But I do believe that we would be in a better position if we still had him.

The REAL truth of the matter is that Celtic are a MUCH better team this season than they were last season and that's got sod all to do with Kenny Miller. You can correct me if I'm wrong here, but if I'm not mistaken I think we dropped 27 points last season and won the title. With 3 games left to play this season I think we've only dropped 21 points. Win these 3 games and we'll actually finish with 6 points more than we did last season.

You're right that Celtic are much better this year than they were last - they've made some good signings and at times have played effective and tactically robust football which has had the beating of us on a few occasions.

However, and this is where it gets interesting. The fact that a weak Rangers, financially crippled, with a threadbare squad, playing defensive and turgid football, with little or no rotation and plenty of players off form...is still challenging and could realistically win the SPL shows how poor Celtic are compared with what they should be.

They have no financial problems, have a huge squad, there's some media bias in their favour at the minute, and their manager is frankly quite good. Yet they're not clear by a mile of this stricken Rangers team.

That tells you something.

They've improved a hell of a lot Danny and I actually think that the fact we're still in the running with a chance of winning the title if they slip up is more a testament to how well Walter and the team have done this season than Celtic not being as good as they should be. They're undoubtedly a vastly improved squad who've had a very good season, while we're NOT a vastly improved squad who've also had a very good season. Unfortunately we've dropped too many points to them in the OF games, but we've dropped 13 points in other games too.

At the end of the day I don't think selling Miller was a great move in January, but at the same time I don't think it's right to say it's cost us the title. There's a bunch of different ways you can look at it. You could easily say dropping four points to ICT in the first half of the season cost us the title or dropping three points to Hibs in the first half of the season cost us the title. It's all 'ifs and buts' though.

The whole Miller situation is a dead end - we bought him at a time when his stock was average. We could afford his wages because they weren't astronomical, and the transfer fee was a modest �£2M.

While with us he became a much, much better player, worth more than �£2M and more than the average wages we were paying him. He knew this, and wanted to be paid what he believed he was worth. Had we been able to afford it, he'd have stayed - he didn't care about our financial turbulence, all he cared about, as most players do was being paid what he felt his play merited.

We couldn't afford the inevitable hike, so he went somewhere that could.

I don't really grudge him the move - he wasn't a dyed in the wool bear, he just did us a very good turn and produced great form - and when we could no longer afford him, he reluctantly moved on. It was also rather an incentive that Bursaspor pay him �£50K a week.

As far as I can see, it is really as simple as that.

I think everybody is looking at the wrong end of the park with this one. We haven't really had much problem scoring goals this year, we have though conceeded far to many for this Bear. The myth that we are a dour defensive outfit who grind out 1 goal wins isn't reflected in the league table in which we've scored a few more goals than the other mob but conceeded far more.

Selling Miller wasn't a good move financially for Rangers and a worse move in a footballing sense, however, not being able to sign a central defensive partner for Bougerra last summer has been far more significant.

Not given up hope yet either though Guys. We've been here before remember.

I think the point being made is that selling Miller was an easy choice within the club's power to say yes or no. "No" seemed like the obvious answer to most. It's not an "if or but", it's a glaring error due to mental short-sightedness.

We don't know for sure if it would have made any positive difference but given the evidence of his scoring exploits versus Lafferty, it looks very likely. We may have been scoring goals since he left but all it would take would be just one or two more to make a difference and give us another one, two or three points with the latter putting us in the driving seat. Even a bit better goal difference could count for us if Celtic draw one game and we win all three.

There is less evidence that spending 400k on a defender in the summer or January would have made as much of a difference.

People talking about losing games earlier in the season being just as important are missing the point - we didn't CHOOSE to lose those games. We chose to sell Kenny.

Others saying that he chose to go are forgetting he had a contract to fulfill. Then the argument he wouldn't have played well if he was refused a move to me is unlikely considering he is a mercenary who would be looking to keep his stock high for his free transfer at the end of the season.

We HAVE been worse in defence than attack this season but only in attack is there plenty of evidence that �£400k could have made a significant difference.

Lets give it to craig and Hartson tight then lads! :whistle:

HA!HA!, I said from the the start of this thread he was talking SHITE,and the there's our own Craig agreeing with him:giruy::spl: