Rangers threw away title the day Kenny flew to Turkey

And just who provided the a large chunk of those goals making us the top scorers......

Sure, we have lost more goals but that doesnt negate the contribution to Kenny Miller - nor does it prove any point that losing Miller hasnt been a large contributing factor to us potentially losing the league.

The fact we have maintained a lead as top scorers in the league whilst having a much worse goals against record suggests that defending has been the bigger issue for us this year. That was the point I commented on.

I do agree though that obviously we would most likely be in a stronger position with him here.

Can't see much reason in comments by posters on various Rangers boards when they slag the club off for selling Miller in January. In any transfer that goes on, there are more than one party involved.

We did not chase Miller to Turkey, he simply did not sign on the dotted line, asking for too much money, had no stamina to wait for the take-over to happen NOR willingness to help his club out at least till the end of the season - like Boyd did. He and his agent sure got bumper deals here and he followed the call of money. 300k more within half a year will sure sound good in someone's ears, Kenny's account will have been healthy enough though back in December.

I do assume that the management asked him to stay and only after he indicated that he did not want to, they waved good-bye. The club earned not much in selling him, yet, we got Healy and Diouf to ease the loss. Neither are renowned 20+ goal strikers, of course. Kenny served Kenny and fair enough. He could have been a man and go for one final year with silverware - in Turkey he will not win any this season, BTW.

So could Miller's farewell cost us the title? In a way. It adds to the the injury dealt by Ian Black to Jelavic (three months without his goalthreat), the two woeful decisions by two of our stalwarts during the Nerby, Weiss injury now, Bartley injury, and the like. I have no doubts whatsoever that had Miller stayed we would have won more games than we did, for his goal threat, despite him not being at the top of his game, was second to none. His predatory instincts especially against Timothy were sublime. But that is all history now.

If any one individual may have cost us the league, it's Ian Black.

That's very true and it's just one of a number of ways you can look at it. Here's a few that come to mind:-

• Maybe the team threw away the title in October when they let ICT take 2 points off us at Ibrox
  • Maybe the team threw away the title in November when they let Hibs take 3 points off us at Ibrox
  • Maybe the team threw away the title in December when they let ICT take 2 points off us at Inverness
  • Maybe the team threw away the title on January 2nd when they let Celtic take 3 points off us at Ibrox
  • Maybe the team threw away the title in January when they let Hearts take 3 points off us at Tynecastle
  • Maybe the team threw away the title in Feb' when they let Celtic take 3 points at the tattiedome
  • Maybe the team threw away the title on April 2nd when they let Dundee Utd take 3 points off us at Ibrox
  • Maybe the team threw away the title on April 24th when they let Celtic take 2 points off us at Ibrox

Now there's a list of where we've dropped points. Would Kenny Miller definitely have made a difference in the games we've dropped points in since the turn of the year? Hard to say, just as it's hard to say if Jela would have made a difference in the ones he missed out of those 8 games. The answer needs to be just 'maybe', not 'definitely' because it's impossible to say. Something which IS definite is that we've dropped points in many of those games because of poor performances throughout our team and some bad defensive errors.

The REAL truth of the matter is that Celtic are a MUCH better team this season than they were last season and that's got sod all to do with Kenny Miller. You can correct me if I'm wrong here, but if I'm not mistaken I think we dropped 27 points last season and won the title. With 3 games left to play this season I think we've only dropped 21 points. Win these 3 games and we'll actually finish with 6 points more than we did last season.

Yep, just checked and we won the title with 87 points last season whereas if we win our three remaining games this season we'll finish with 93 points.

Genuine points Zappa

At the end of the day their are games still to be played and they are certainly not gauranteed wins for both of the old firm, we have to win our games and lean on Celtic and see if they crack and hopefully they will! If Celtic get by ICT and hearts on full points then it's theirs, but at the end of the day selling kenny miller wasn't the reason should rangers lose the league? It has to be failing to win games when we got ourselves in front and failed to kill off the game!

Edited by Gers4Life